Time for a coaching change at West Ridge?

1 hour ago, BoosterClubPlayersSuck said:

Upper east TN schools all have weak coaching staffs except for Greeneville and E town. You can't win state championships in basketball or baseball and then use lack of talent as an excuse for not doing well in football. The athletes are there at a lot of these programs. 

I have been critical of Boone's coaches from time to time but overall I think they are pretty good.   I know several of them personally and this is not a cliche, they really do care about the kids.     That being said, Boone rarely has the athletes to compete against the Knoxville schools.     Science Hill is usually loaded with athletes but they just can't seem to put it all together, maybe that is coaching or could be something else.     So your opening statement is fairly accurate.

7 hours ago, BoosterClubPlayersSuck said:

Let me know when DB wins a state championship with the coaching staff it has now. 

Lol. Nice one. I was just referring to your comment of why our DC left. And so you know it was because of retirement issues. Was gonna have to teach for 20 more years in TN vs about 8 in VA. 

14 minutes ago, WestWolvesRidge said:

So far this season West Ridge wins:

Volunteer winless, Cherokee winless, and William Blount winless.

WR has lost to:

A (on paper) best school history Boone team

A very good SH team

Very good DB team

A stingy Crockett team

A East team that won less but had about the same score as WR did against common opponents

It's building a new program from scratchish.

On 10/9/2022 at 9:23 AM, Footballfun said:

Is thread more about Hilton’s coaching or schemes or development of players??? Seem to be a good dude, plus he was pretty successful at South. I am sure he needs a couple years before WR would think of making a coaching change

Its scheme for me, his is terrible. I come from the South community and wasnt a big fan of his when he was there either. Theyre not going to beat DB, SH, Knoxville schools running the QB up the middle 40 times a game, or the win T. They need to do something more modern, To me it seems like Hilton thinks he can win with his defense, so his offensive game plan is just dont make a mistake. He reminds me a lot of Pruitt when he was at TN play low and slow on offense and try and protect the defense, but in doing so you dont score enough to win.

For the record, I think Hilton is a fine gentleman, and from his program will come many great young men who do things the right way, are good leaders, good citizens etc........ I just struggle to see a football program thats anything better then 8-2 and an early playoff exit with him.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KPTwrestlingfan said:

Its scheme for me, his is terrible. I come from the South community and wasnt a big fan of his when he was there either. Theyre not going to beat DB, SH, Knoxville schools running the QB up the middle 40 times a game, or the win T. They need to do something more modern, To me it seems like Hilton thinks he can win with his defense, so his offensive game plan is just dont make a mistake. He reminds me a lot of Pruitt when he was at TN play low and slow on offense and try and protect the defense, but in doing so you dont score enough to win.

For the record, I think Hilton is a fine gentleman, and from his program will come many great young men who do things the right way, are good leaders, good citizens etc........ I just struggle to see a football program thats anything better then 8-2 and an early playoff exit with him.

All good points you bring up.     So this is just something to consider....   In the past 10 years all NET 5A/6A teams have been bounced early in the playoffs.    To be fair, DB made it to the 3rd round 3 times and Science Hill made it once, but the 3rd round in 6A always ends at you-know-where.    In 5A Crockett made it to round 3 once and Tennessee High once as well.     That's it, everybody else bounced in rounds 1 or 2.       I would welcome other thoughts on 5A/6A but I just don't see NET ever getting past the Knoxville area.

On 10/20/2022 at 8:02 AM, blazer1set said:

All good points you bring up.     So this is just something to consider....   In the past 10 years all NET 5A/6A teams have been bounced early in the playoffs.    To be fair, DB made it to the 3rd round 3 times and Science Hill made it once, but the 3rd round in 6A always ends at you-know-where.    In 5A Crockett made it to round 3 once and Tennessee High once as well.     That's it, everybody else bounced in rounds 1 or 2.       I would welcome other thoughts on 5A/6A but I just don't see NET ever getting past the Knoxville area.

Thats fair, I would say though the goal for WR isnt beating the Knoxville teams its beating DB and SH. 8-2 needs to be 9-1 or even 10-0 every once in a while.

• Like 1