John Olive Story

BDURHAM

1341848315_CoachOliveHeadphones.jpg

Edited by BDURHAM
Made links active.

2 hours ago, Ttown58 said:

Thanks for posting this

Who really gives AS about a retired Coach. . Hes won a State Title. He’s the AD now. Let’s spend our time talking about the current THS program. . 
He’s already got a Street named after him and all the accolades that go with that honor. . Let’s move on to the future please. 

• Upvote 1

Great example of paying dues, working your way up, and reaping the benefits of some great things that have been sown. As a retired coach myself, I appreciated reading about the struggles encountered in the early years because I know how tough they can be. High school football is not easy and when you catch lightning in a bottle what a magic carpet ride it can be! I hope Coach Olive gets to retire from the AD position as he wishes and that he will be blessed with a good measure of health to build as many ramps as he can! May he and his wife enjoy those grandkids and spoil them tremendously. Time flies, and it seems he is finally able to reflect and smell the roses. Enjoy the sweet scent of a life full of blessings. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, BDURHAM said:

Coach John Olive was not only a great coach, he was also a great man! In 1983 I was one of lucky ones to have him as a coach at Loudon High School! His impact on that team has never been forgotten! 12-1 State Semi-finals. The Redskins want to say THANK YOU COACH! Job well done!

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 8:37 PM, IPOPU2022 said:

Who really gives AS about a retired Coach. . Hes won a State Title. He’s the AD now. Let’s spend our time talking about the current THS program. . 
He’s already got a Street named after him and all the accolades that go with that honor. . Let’s move on to the future please. 

But let me add that I’m acquainted with Coach Olive and he’s a Legend no doubt. I Hope my comments don’t come off as abrasive in any way. I have nothing but respect for his accomplishments and career and I wish him well as AD and when he retires. He went out on Top and at the right time. I guess I’m a little too sensitive about this season.