Any footage or scouting on Cookeville

Blaze45

41 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

I'm going to hijack this thread with a question, since Blaze has already gotten his answer, and you're willing to assist. I know very little about Wilson County football, you guys had a good run a few years back (I remember you beat Blackman in the playoffs?). What has changed? Coaching? Zoning? It just seems like something changed - you were on the verge of winning a championship, now it's like 3 / 4 loss each year since that high water mark.

Green Hill High School opened up 2 years ago and divided up the zone and therefore the players.

1 hour ago, Vol9093 said:

Green Hill High School opened up 2 years ago and divided up the zone and therefore the players.

Yes that doesn’t help, but to answer his questions further…. I’m not sure where people get this magical idea that Mount Juliet… demographically speaking, is a major talent pool… it’s not. This is the first year that I’ve seen as much collective talent on an MJ team. The past few years has lacked in that department, and even years prior we typically just do the best with what we’ve got. I can count maybe 2 D1 players we’ve had in the past 15 seasons… this team currently has around 4-6 with offers or capable of playing at that level. 

as to why we have lost to Gallatin, and Lebanon. I have no idea how we lost to Gallatin, we obviously have a new offense with a new Qb and Rb since then but the Lebanon game was a huge setback. We should have never been outplayed that bad considering the team we are fielding. There have been a lot of coaching changes annually that Coach TP has been dealt. We have two brand new first year OC and DC coaches. They’ve been inconsistent on their ideals IMO. The lacK of efficiency ranging back to after game 6 of last season puzzles me. Coach TP needs to adjust accordingly because he has NO EXCUSE this year to not make a deep run. 

let’s not forget MJ will go through the TOUGHEST region in 5a (Page, Nolensville, Franklin Co.) come playoffs.. anyone that wants to argue otherwise is clueless.

3 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Yes that doesn’t help, but to answer his questions further…. I’m not sure where people get this magical idea that Mount Juliet… demographically speaking, is a major talent pool… it’s not. This is the first year that I’ve seen as much collective talent on an MJ team. The past few years has lacked in that department, and even years prior we typically just do the best with what we’ve got. I can count maybe 2 D1 players we’ve had in the past 15 seasons… this team currently has around 4-6 with offers or capable of playing at that level. 

as to why we have lost to Gallatin, and Lebanon. I have no idea how we lost to Gallatin, we obviously have a new offense with a new Qb and Rb since then but the Lebanon game was a huge setback. We should have never been outplayed that bad considering the team we are fielding. There have been a lot of coaching changes annually that Coach TP has been dealt. We have two brand new first year OC and DC coaches. They’ve been inconsistent on their ideals IMO. The lacK of efficiency ranging back to after game 6 of last season puzzles me. Coach TP needs to adjust accordingly because he has NO EXCUSE this year to not make a deep run. 

let’s not forget MJ will go through the TOUGHEST region in 5a (Page, Nolensville, Franklin Co.) come playoffs.. anyone that wants to argue otherwise is clueless.

Thanks for the insight. Plus you have competition from the privates in your area too, I bet.

On 10/18/2022 at 4:07 PM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

y’all will get bounced with quickness in the playoffs. All I stated were facts and you turned this into a let’s throw shade at MJ fiesta…. Lol once again your opponents you’ve beat are currently 17-31…. NONE  have a winning record lol

Y’all will lose in the playoffs too so idk why you’re always on Blackman case, you play in a way easier region. You always come on here and play it off cause you know you’ll have to eat crow at the end of the season.

5 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Thanks for the insight. Plus you have competition from the privates in your area too, I bet.

Sucks dude just gets on here and troll every week. I’m all for fun but sometime it’s cool to get some decent takes on football. Mt Juliet has never did anything in football I’m just being real. 

4 hours ago, arshad221 said:

Y’all will lose in the playoffs too so idk why you’re always on Blackman case, you play in a way easier region. You always come on here and play it off cause you know you’ll have to eat crow at the end of the season.

People eat crow when they overhype their team, I’m not eating anything lol you’re always good for a clueless comment. 

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

8 hours ago, arshad221 said:

Sucks dude just gets on here and troll every week. I’m all for fun but sometime it’s cool to get some decent takes on football. Mt Juliet has never did anything in football I’m just being real. 

They had a really good team in 2018. Put Blackman out of the playoffs and gave Oakland all that they could handle. Had 3-4 D1 players.  They have struggled though since Green Hill has opened. DCA and Friendship get some of their players as well. 

34 minutes ago, Vol9093 said:

They had a really good team in 2018. Put Blackman out of the playoffs and gave Oakland all that they could handle. Had 3-4 D1 players.  They have struggled though since Green Hill has opened. DCA and Friendship get some of their players as well. 

He can’t comprehend, along with many others, that going to the semi finals 3 times in the past 10 seasons…. Apparently is doing “nothing” while beating Blackman during one of those trips… lol if MJ hasn’t “done anything” then The Blaze sure as heck haven’t done anything comparatively speaking. 

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

1 minute ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

He can’t comprehend, along with many others, that going to the semi finals 3 times in the past 10 seasons…. Apparently is doing “nothing” while beating Blackman during one of those trips… lol if MJ hasn’t “done anything” then The Blaze sure as heck haven’t done anything comparatively speaking. 

Oh and we have had that success with NO D1 players. 

54 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I remember that 2018 team made it to the quarter Finals. Got beat by Oakland at the end of the game. What years did they make the Semifinals?