Round 2 White co @ Nolansville

Warrior0318

25 minutes ago, TheOldestKnight said:

Let's try to settle this once and for all.  White County had a tremendous season, as I told several of their fans exiting the game.  Their two talents on offense are TREMENDOUS high school football players, are either SEC level talent, no, but there is nothing wrong with that.  They are still excellent players with a ton of talent.  The difference in the game is that you need a team, 11 players on both sides.  I said before the game if Nolensville got 1 stop per quarter they would win, they got the stops, and they got the win.  How many times did Nolensville punt?  ZERO!  The team put up 14 points each quarter, despite running 1/2 as many plays as WC.  Why?  Because White County had no answer for the offensive talent on NHS.  I saw a post earlier about how WC scored more on NHS than anyone all year, this is true, because WC had two truly exceptional offensive players, BUT NHS also scored the most they had all year, WHY, the sub-par defense played by WC.  It was a great game, close in the 4th quarter, but NHS never trailed.  At the end of the day the question was which defense had the better chance to stop the opponents offense, and that answer was clearly Nolensville.  Now, onto Page the Rematch.

We def had no answer for all the offensive talent NHS had.  They played a clean game and for the most part were very sportsman like.  I have nothing bad to say about NHS, they took care of business and they have a very explosive offense.  I do not think they will win it all because their defense is not great.  They will either exit this week to Page or lose to West.  Either way they are having an amazing season and I am sure it is a great time to be a Knights fan.  If they do make it to Chattanooga I will do my best to go watch, I live right outside Chattanooga.  I am proud of the warriors and their season, there are some really good kids on this team.  Moving down to 4A and playing mostly local teams should really help them.  They have no business plying Nashville area schools every year, the talent gap year in and year out is too big.   

1 hour ago, TheOldestKnight said:

Let's try to settle this once and for all.  White County had a tremendous season, as I told several of their fans exiting the game.  Their two talents on offense are TREMENDOUS high school football players, are either SEC level talent, no, but there is nothing wrong with that.  They are still excellent players with a ton of talent.  The difference in the game is that you need a team, 11 players on both sides.  I said before the game if Nolensville got 1 stop per quarter they would win, they got the stops, and they got the win.  How many times did Nolensville punt?  ZERO!  The team put up 14 points each quarter, despite running 1/2 as many plays as WC.  Why?  Because White County had no answer for the offensive talent on NHS.  I saw a post earlier about how WC scored more on NHS than anyone all year, this is true, because WC had two truly exceptional offensive players, BUT NHS also scored the most they had all year, WHY, the sub-par defense played by WC.  It was a great game, close in the 4th quarter, but NHS never trailed.  At the end of the day the question was which defense had the better chance to stop the opponents offense, and that answer was clearly Nolensville.  Now, onto Page the Rematch.

100% what I’ve been saying. Great HS players and a wonderful season. Nothing at all to hang their head about.