2023-2025 4a Regions

TNClassified

Still wonder how the magical computer program that the T$$AA uses to find the best fit for regions, comes up with what it does?  Sounds suspect to me.  Living in the Region 2/3 area, sending Loudon and Sequoyah both to Chattanooga doesn't add up to me.  Not sure that they could explain it to me, and get me to understand.  Sequoyah's now closest trip (Besides to Loudon), will be farther than what their farthest Region 2 trip would have been.  Loudon is in an even bigger predicament than Sequoyah on travel. Vice versa, all of the Chattanooga schools have to drive all the way to Madisonville and Loudon for region games.  That also puts a hurting on the Monday night JV games.   Who would be the 'big wig' in Chattanooga that wanted those teams pulled that way?  More Region teams, less non-region games.  I bet the Region 2 teams are not happy! 

What I don’t think is fair is some regions have enough teams to basically fill their entire schedule and some teams have to find 6 non region opponents. I believe we have to many classes. Would make things a lot easier on everyone to go to 5 classes vs 6. I also think to many teams make the playoffs. I think it should be the top 2 teams from each region. Money hungry tssaa ain’t hearing that though. 

22 hours ago, TNClassified said:

Still wonder how the magical computer program that the T$$AA uses to find the best fit for regions, comes up with what it does?  Sounds suspect to me.  Living in the Region 2/3 area, sending Loudon and Sequoyah both to Chattanooga doesn't add up to me.  Not sure that they could explain it to me, and get me to understand.  Sequoyah's now closest trip (Besides to Loudon), will be farther than what their farthest Region 2 trip would have been.  Loudon is in an even bigger predicament than Sequoyah on travel. Vice versa, all of the Chattanooga schools have to drive all the way to Madisonville and Loudon for region games.  That also puts a hurting on the Monday night JV games.   Who would be the 'big wig' in Chattanooga that wanted those teams pulled that way?  More Region teams, less non-region games.  I bet the Region 2 teams are not happy! 

Fulton, Gibbs, AC, Carter, Seymour, Northview, Loudon, Sequoyah, South-Doyle. That's 9 schools that are either in knox county or within a short drive.

I can see the arguement for Sequoyah going to chattanooga. They've always played down there and it isn't a terrible drive. Loudon is closer to Knox county. Makes no sense for them to be sent down to chattanooga although Im sure the Head Coach at Loudon prefers to be down there then in region of knox county. 

The one that really doesn't make sense is sending Northview Academy up to Region 1. They are close to seymour, south-doyle, and carter. Their furthest drive would be AC which isn't really that far. 45 mins with no traffic. Putting them in Region 1. Their closest drive Greeneville and grainger will be 50 mins to an hr. Elizabethton, volunteer, Sullivan east are all going to be 1hr 30 to 2hr

2 hours ago, haweanbula said:

Fulton, Gibbs, AC, Carter, Seymour, Northview, Loudon, Sequoyah, South-Doyle. That's 9 schools that are either in knox county or within a short drive.

I can see the arguement for Sequoyah going to chattanooga. They've always played down there and it isn't a terrible drive. Loudon is closer to Knox county. Makes no sense for them to be sent down to chattanooga although Im sure the Head Coach at Loudon prefers to be down there then in region of knox county. 

The one that really doesn't make sense is sending Northview Academy up to Region 1. They are close to seymour, south-doyle, and carter. Their furthest drive would be AC which isn't really that far. 45 mins with no traffic. Putting them in Region 1. Their closest drive Greeneville and grainger will be 50 mins to an hr. Elizabethton, volunteer, Sullivan east are all going to be 1hr 30 to 2hr

We will never really know what the logic is behind their madness.  They are just still trying to count their 50% take on all the playoff games from last week.  Making room for the 60 playoff games cut that they will get tonight.  I hope the AD's are letting lots of people in for free.  I know it hurts the schools measly 25%, but maybe it could put a hit on the profit that the TSSAA makes.  I have always heard rumors about the lavish "company retreats" that the TSSAA takes each summer, but that could just be rumors.  Heard of a retreat in.... HAWAII a few years ago.