DIIA Football Participation Numbers

BobbyB

DivIIA amazes me how some of these schools practice more less compete with lack of numbers. Taking school enrollment by TSSAA (272 below single A) and assuming 50% male/female ratio these are a look at numbers. MTC 36 football players 30% participation, Nashville Christian 64 players 51% participation, Jackson Christian 50 players 44% participation , FC 40 football players 38% participation, DCA 29 football players 28% participation. MTC and NC based on TSSAA enrollment are both 14 to15 kids away from being DivIIAA.  That's taking top two from each division with the exception of USJ whose enrollment already took them up to DivIIAA. I applaud these coaches for keeping programs competitive and to the players who are no doubt playing iron man football (both ways) big respect. Based on those eye opening numbers NC's Coach Brothers 51% participation needs to be modeled ,and DCA's Coach Wade how did he practice all year and keep them in the hunt with 29 players ? Throwing this in for fun watched MTC play most of the season and they win my most creative offense award, playing with what you got on roster.

On 11/28/2022 at 1:05 PM, BobbyB said:

DivIIA amazes me how some of these schools practice more less compete with lack of numbers. Taking school enrollment by TSSAA (272 below single A) and assuming 50% male/female ratio these are a look at numbers. MTC 36 football players 30% participation, Nashville Christian 64 players 51% participation, Jackson Christian 50 players 44% participation , FC 40 football players 38% participation, DCA 29 football players 28% participation. MTC and NC based on TSSAA enrollment are both 14 to15 kids away from being DivIIAA.  That's taking top two from each division with the exception of USJ whose enrollment already took them up to DivIIAA. I applaud these coaches for keeping programs competitive and to the players who are no doubt playing iron man football (both ways) big respect. Based on those eye opening numbers NC's Coach Brothers 51% participation needs to be modeled ,and DCA's Coach Wade how did he practice all year and keep them in the hunt with 29 players ? Throwing this in for fun watched MTC play most of the season and they win my most creative offense award, playing with what you got on roster.

I think Webb school of Knoxville played for four and won three state championships will just a few over 30 players. 2010-2014 l think?