Stone Memorial - I-40 Clash (Girls Tournament)

JSamson7

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Honeydewmelonnnnn said:

How was the team points decided?  Based on these results, Knox Halls and Maryville should have at least tied for third.  If you do team points based on placers, and only count the higher scorer for 120lb Knox Halls, they tie.  If you include the other 120 placer they beat Maryville?  How did they decide on this?

Only one wrestler scores per weight class is my guess.

7 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

You can only count 1 scorer per team, per weight class. The scorer must be designated before the start of the tournament. You are correct Sampson.

Overall it was a good tournament. The Stone Memorial coach said they're moving the event to their main gym next season the Friday night before their boys dual tournament on Saturday. We were in the auxiliary gym next to their main gym and it was definitely crowded with 100+ girls competing. Great coaches lounge too!

8 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

You can only count 1 scorer per team, per weight class. The scorer must be designated before the start of the tournament. You are correct Sampson.

Knox Halls 

100- 4th - 1pt

114- 4th - 1pt

120- 2nd - 3 pt

132- 1st - 4 pt

235- 2nd - 3 pt

Maryville

132- 4th - 1 pt

145- 2nd - 3 pt

152- 3rd - 2 pt

165- 1st - 4 pt

235- 3rd - 2 pt

Without Knox Halls second 120 placer, both teams have 12 points. With their second placer it puts them above Maryville.... Sampson is not correct based on the results he posted

15 minutes ago, Honeydewmelonnnnn said:

Knox Halls 

100- 4th - 1pt

114- 4th - 1pt

120- 2nd - 3 pt

132- 1st - 4 pt

235- 2nd - 3 pt

Maryville

132- 4th - 1 pt

145- 2nd - 3 pt

152- 3rd - 2 pt

165- 1st - 4 pt

235- 3rd - 2 pt

Without Knox Halls second 120 placer, both teams have 12 points. With their second placer it puts them above Maryville.... Sampson is not correct based on the results he posted

Look, not to start an argument here which is what it looks like you're pushing for, but I got my info direct from the tournament director so there's that.

Congratulations to Halls if that's the case.

Edited by JSamson7

5 hours ago, Honeydewmelonnnnn said:

Knox Halls 

100- 4th - 1pt

114- 4th - 1pt

120- 2nd - 3 pt

132- 1st - 4 pt

235- 2nd - 3 pt

Maryville

132- 4th - 1 pt

145- 2nd - 3 pt

152- 3rd - 2 pt

165- 1st - 4 pt

235- 3rd - 2 pt

Ok so to explain what happens 

if you have 2 wrestlers in the same weight class you pick which one gets the points for your team. 

let’s say it was 100 A and 100 B with 100A being the person that is able to get the team points and 100B does not get points for her team.. this is selected by the coach prior to the tournament starting. 

let’s say that 100B has a better day then 100A does no matter what 100B places she does not gain any points for her team. ONLY 100A would be able to do that. 

Samson is only saying what he was told he does not personally know which wrestler was the appointed scorer for which team.

hope that helps a little as to the score. 

On 12/13/2022 at 7:23 PM, cougars130 said:

Ok so to explain what happens 

if you have 2 wrestlers in the same weight class you pick which one gets the points for your team. 

let’s say it was 100 A and 100 B with 100A being the person that is able to get the team points and 100B does not get points for her team.. this is selected by the coach prior to the tournament starting. 

let’s say that 100B has a better day then 100A does no matter what 100B places she does not gain any points for her team. ONLY 100A would be able to do that. 

Samson is only saying what he was told he does not personally know which wrestler was the appointed scorer for which team.

hope that helps a little as to the score. 

Iams point scorer @120 for halls

• Upvote 2