Holy Angels

Appvol

3 minutes ago, cbg said:

Not picking on you but this is a sensitive subject to me and when someone gives their word I expect them to honor that commitment.  When someone fails to keep their word because it’s not in their best interest to follow through with a prior commitment it just tells me what type of person they are and I never trust them going forward. 

I’m not knocking the Summit folks or WG for his opinion. Pete is not new or young so my original comment does not even pertain to them or their situation.  CBG is right when it comes to committing though. The host coach has expenses to pay when he makes plans to host. He relies on the other teams to help offset those expenses. When a team pulls out the cost has to be absorbed by the host and if you rely on an even number of teams and then you are faced with an odd number not only does it effect the bottom line but it cheats the other teams out of competition. Gate, concessions, hospitality and officiating can all be effected. When 2 coaches pull out it compounds the problem. Who wants to ever schedule a team that develops a reputation for not appearing and waiting to the last minute to tell you? It’s frustrating as a host.  

10 hours ago, WrestlingGod said:

It most cases I'd agree with you. But this is a 500 mile drive and an expensive trip for a large national tournament to not bring your absolute best roster. 

I think, in this instance, its different. 

I was on Twitter talking to a person who is going to cover the Holy Angels hopefully somebody from Summit has let the Holy Angels people know. 

“From where it stood at 3:00pm today the director of tournament, Jim, was still expecting them.”

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Appvol said:

I was on Twitter talking to a person who is going to cover the Holy Angels hopefully somebody from Summit has let the Holy Angels people know. 

“From where it stood at 3:00pm today the director of tournament, Jim, was still expecting them.”

Summit is not listed on the participating team list on trackwrestling. 

42 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

Summit is not listed on the participating team list on trackwrestling. 

I was just letting you know the guy that’s covering the Holy Angels that I DM on Twitter told me. He DM me a little after 10 last night. I know track doesn’t show them doesn’t mean nobody has said anything to the tournament director.