Is Temple done as the Top in Class A?

fatchance

Well, that deal was the only thing I heard. I could be wrong, but I am not certain. What is wrong with that anyways? You know most students who go to temple are poor. They need help with paying some times. That is a reason for people leaving in the past.so why do you care? It is sad that your life is based on bringing temple down.

Edited by PBG030

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riiight. Circle the wagons, you spilled the beans.

Are you speaking? What does that even mean? Circle the wagons? I just said what I heard. If it is true, it wouldn't be a hidden secret, cause it wouldn't be goingon if it were illegal. That is only what I heard awhile back.

What part of this, from the TSSAA Handbook, does paying for college tuition cover:

Award Rule

Section 19. A student may accept a medal, trophy, state championship ring, high school letter, sweater, jacket, shirt, blazer or blanket but nothing else of commercial value. (A sweater, jacket, shirt, blazer or blanket must carry the high school letter or other appropriate award emblem.) None of the approved awards shall be accepted from an individual or a non-school organization unless the giving of such award has been approved by the principal of the school the athlete attends. Acceptance of forbidden awards will cause a student to become ineligible for 12 months in the sport in which the violation occurs. Bowling, golf and tennis students will abide by USBC, USGA, and USTA regulations in accepting awards.

Section 20. A member school that has any connection with the presentation of a forbidden award — such as assisting in the selection of the person to receive the award, permitting the award to be given at a school function, or holding the award for a student until he/she has graduated — shall be subject to suspension from tournament play in the involved sport(s) for one season.

Dear Golden Eagle:

This rule applies to students who recieve awards while they are in school. What TTU is doing is giving Free tuition to any student who wants to come to TTU after graduation. It is a scholarshp available to all students. Tn. Temple Academy has nothing to do with this. TTA is not violating any rules. Its a benefit to all TTA graduates. I believe that TTU is going to increase their enrollment by doing this. Dr. Lovett did this at Liberty University and It benefitted alot of kids. I really believe that you need to call the TTU if you want that benefit.

Edited by Dwest73