Fairview player to Vandy?

Guest vandyfan2

Guest vandyfan2

I just heard of this site. It is very entertaining. My co-workers stay on here all time. I have a question and thought some of you may know. Word at VU is that some kid there is going to be made an offer to play for Vandy in the next week or so. I heard it was either number 68 or 64. Anyone know? Are kids from Fairview smart enought to make it there?

Guest fvhs4all

Who are you? you sign on is @vanderbilt.edu. I work at Vanderbilt as well and I haven't heard anything. I am also the parent of #68 (64 is his # as well) and if anyone is offereing him anything, we haven't heard about it. To anwswer your question about the level of intelligence of these kids, #68 has already been accepted to Vanderbilt through early admissions. But, there is no offer on the table to play there and probably will never be. I think you probably know me or my son and are just trying to be humerous!! ;):):)

I know 68 very well..Corey Dedman is his name...and yes he is smart enough and good enough to play for Vandy...so why knock Fairview,.....they been knocked for many years now...and you will see several of them carry it on to the next level.......for years to come..don't rattle this big's dogs cage for he will bite back ;)

Guest vandyfan2

I just started on coacht today Idon't know you. I do work at VU athletics and here stuff. My coworker is from Fairview and brags on these players all the time. I just thought it was a small town to have so much talent. Didn't that have a Mr. Football from there too that is real smart. Is your son him. Where is your son going to play college ball?

Guest fvhs4all

I think with a few more clues, I can figure out who you are ;) Corey was not the Mr. Football finalist--that was Aaron Cothran number 22 who also is another very smart athlete from Fairview. Corey has been accepted to Vanderbilt, UTM, Bethel Cumberland and McKenzie through early admissions although no one has offered him the chance to play football. There was strong interest from UTM, but we were told last week no offers would be made until a new head coach was in place and had a chance to review tapes. Corey is bright young man that will do well anywhere he chooses to go. He dreams of playing football at the next level however academics have always been first in our home and he will succeed where ever he is.

Thanks to his team mates that selected him a the best lineman--what an honor from the guys you play with. :)

[Edited by fvhs4all on 12-6-02 1:42P]

Guest fvhs4all

the beave: I am with you there. They may "hear" something if they are in the right position. However, I would think if they value their job they would not use a venue like this to "share" what they "here". I have been here at Vandy for a long time and many people know my son and if whoever vandyfan2 is knows me they will know that I do know people to call and find out the substance of these rumors. They know he is bright and also know he set out 2 years of high school football and has virtually no chance of playing division I ball. I do think he could, but won't be given the opportunity. There are lots of us "parents" that work here at Vanderbilt and unfortunately, this is probably a parent of one of the teams that we beat! Oh well, just more opportunity for me to get on here and brag. ;):)

A. No one from Fairview will go play D1 football.

B. No one from Vanderbilt spells hear "here"

c. No one that works at "Vanderbilt" would be stupid enough to say that they "work" there and post at 1:09pm, 1:41pm, and 2:32pm. note: Maybe we should talk to the "Dean" about getting you more work.

D. Coacht shut this thread down before it get's to bad!

Guest fvhs4all

Jr: You are posting the times I have replied and I do work here. I am sure that I am not the only one that is on here during work hours and yes I do work at Vanderbilt. For me to reply to these crazy comments, only takes a few seconds out of my day. Maybe we should be more concerned about the post coming from students during their school days. I never said my son would play division I ball, however I do think that some of the guys on the team have the heart to hang with some division I teams. No they will not go in as freshman and be stars, but with maturity and working with an good coaching staff they would certainly develop. Let's face it--with Vanderbilt's record, they certainly could use all the help they can get (being said from a season ticket holder). I do agree that no one from Fairview will play division I ball, I just beleive that some have the heart, talent and ability to do so. And by all means close this thread down. I simply fell compelled to reply to all comments on Fairview even those that do not include my son. ;)