Reeder Resigns at Jackson South Side

ReitzFan

3 hours ago, SlicKfitty said:

You have to ask yourself , would you rather be an assistant at Jackson Southside , or at Humboldt ? Wouldn’t the same be said for a head coach ?  A coach is only as good as his assistants . Teddy is an average coach , if he got a OC he would be a good stabilizer. Southside is in a pickle here , no doubt . Don’t really know enough about Southside but aren’t they getting a new stadium ?  At least there’s hope for that. Humboldt will never get new facilities . 

When comparing compensation from a 4A school to 1A school the answer is almost always 4A. But to answer your question..  I guess depends on your situation in life and your personality. Are you willing to sacrifice a more stable payday today for the possibility of a higher payday tomorrow? If properly utilized whose talent has a better shot at a deep playoff run and possibly a silver or even gold ball? The answer ain't South Side 

2 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

When comparing compensation from a 4A school to 1A school the answer is almost always 4A. But to answer your question..  I guess depends on your situation in life and your personality. Are you willing to sacrifice a more stable payday today for the possibility of a higher payday tomorrow? If properly utilized whose talent has a better shot at a deep playoff run and possibly a silver or even gold ball? The answer ain't South Side 

Lol… SS has more talent than humboldt bud. If they were both coached by the same staffs, SS would win by 4+ TD’s. I understand you’re saying Humboldt can make a title run easier than SS. Reality is NEITHER will ever anytime soon unless there’s a monumental change. Humboldt is a dead end job. SS isn’t.

Edited by 731Ball

15 hours ago, 731Ball said:

So Teddy is applying and interviewing for a job he doesn’t want? I’d understand if he was at a place that understands leverage. However, humboldt’s NOT that place 

Then why did Teddy accept the Humboldt job in the first place if he's looking for a way out after year 2 of a massive rebuild just weeks away before year 3? Teddy knew what he was getting into before accepting that job. Everybody knew it was going to take some time and patience for him to turn that program around. What's Teddy's purpose in coaching? To win? To make the most money? To find a school where he's content and staying there for 10-15 years?

To me, I see at least 5 wins on the schedule for Humboldt this fall if everything goes well. They have the athletes to beat some of their opponents, with a chance to beat Scotts Hill, Dresden, and Lake County. Those are the games where Teddy can win and steal a game based on coaching. I would prefer for Teddy to stay there again and see what he can do. It doesn't look good for a coach to be entering this 5th year as a "head" coach, but will be entering his 3rd different school in that time span. If Teddy does well, and I hope he does, then he can cash his chips in and leave for a better job. Similar to what Derek Rang did with Dresden, as he left for Gatlinburg-Pittman.

If you're South Side, why should they hire Teddy? He hasn't accomplished anything that proved he can be a good coach other than has the "experience." They're going to punt this fall, and will likely do it next fall as well. They're more in a "rebuild" than what Humboldt is going through. What makes you believe Teddy can come in and beat Chester, Lexington, South Gibson, North Side, and Hardin County with an "ehh" resume?  And if he does make it to the playoffs as a 4 seed, then congratulations, Pearl-Cohn, Station Camp, Marshall County, and Creek Wood is waiting on the other side. South Side has to be honest with themselves and understand where they're at. As I, and what @ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood stated, when you look at like from a on-field perspective, Humboldt is an easier job to win at. Since the beginning of the 2019 season, South Side has a 13-29 record. I don't understand what makes you believe Teddy can head down there and turn that program around, and compete against better coaching. South Side is a tough tough job to win and be successful at on a consistent basis. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Then why did Teddy accept the Humboldt job in the first place if he's looking for a way out after year 2 of a massive rebuild just weeks away before year 3? Teddy knew what he was getting into before accepting that job. Everybody knew it was going to take some time and patience for him to turn that program around. What's Teddy's purpose in coaching? To win? To make the most money? To find a school where he's content and staying there for 10-15 years?

To me, I see at least 5 wins on the schedule for Humboldt this fall if everything goes well. They have the athletes to beat some of their opponents, with a chance to beat Scotts Hill, Dresden, and Lake County. Those are the games where Teddy can win and steal a game based on coaching. I would prefer for Teddy to stay there again and see what he can do. It doesn't look good for a coach to be entering this 5th year as a "head" coach, but will be entering his 3rd different school in that time span. If Teddy does well, and I hope he does, then he can cash his chips in and leave for a better job. Similar to what Derek Rang did with Dresden, as he left for Gatlinburg-Pittman.

If you're South Side, why should they hire Teddy? He hasn't accomplished anything that proved he can be a good coach other than has the "experience." They're going to punt this fall, and will likely do it next fall as well. They're more in a "rebuild" than what Humboldt is going through. What makes you believe Teddy can come in and beat Chester, Lexington, South Gibson, North Side, and Hardin County with an "ehh" resume?  And if he does make it to the playoffs as a 4 seed, then congratulations, Pearl-Cohn, Station Camp, Marshall County, and Creek Wood is waiting on the other side. South Side has to be honest with themselves and understand where they're at. As I, and what @ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood stated, when you look at like from a on-field perspective, Humboldt is an easier job to win at. Since the beginning of the 2019 season, South Side has a 13-29 record. I don't understand what makes you believe Teddy can head down there and turn that program around, and compete against better coaching. South Side is a tough tough job to win and be successful at on a consistent basis. 

I’m sure he wanted a HC job instead of being an assistant for Coach Powell at NS. Now he wants to be the HC @ SS instead of Humboldt. Why? Because humboldt is the worst school system in the area with the worst football program in the area. A humboldt football game for the past 10 years has looked like 11 on 11 free for alls. Quit the silly talk, Humboldt is never getting to the semifinals again and neither is south side. That is not and should not be the goal for either program. Neither of these teams are winning 8 games, neither of these teams are winning 3 playoff games the next 3 years. Much less in The same season. The goal should be to build MEN and TEACH kids football because I can assure you not many at either JSSHS or HHS know the game. Luckily for you, the Humboldt job will come open and since you think they’re capable of such success in 1A, you’ll be able to apply and will probably be one of the very very few applicants.

8 minutes ago, 731Ball said:

I’m sure he wanted a HC job instead of being an assistant for Coach Powell at NS. Now he wants to be the HC @ SS instead of Humboldt. Why? Because humboldt is the worst school system in the area with the worst football program in the area. A humboldt football game for the past 10 years has looked like 11 on 11 free for alls. Quit the silly talk, Humboldt is never getting to the semifinals again and neither is south side. That is not and should not be the goal for either program. Neither of these teams are winning 8 games, neither of these teams are winning 3 playoff games the next 3 years. Much less in The same season. The goal should be to build MEN and TEACH kids football because I can assure you not many at either JSSHS or HHS know the game. Luckily for you, the Humboldt job will come open and since you think they’re capable of such success in 1A, you’ll be able to apply and will probably be one of the very very few applicants.

Lol I'm not touching the Humboldt school system as long as Janice Epperson is their superintendent. I agree with what you're saying, Humboldt is not a good job when it comes to off the field situations. And I do agree with you, nobody enjoyed being an assistant at North Side under Powell. If Teddy wants out at Humboldt badly, then I would recommend him to bear down for another 6 months before another job (and more jobs) potentially comes open (hint, hint).

17 hours ago, 731Ball said:

Yeah the place is a joke top to bottom. He either loves Humboldt, hates JSSHS, or isn’t clicking on all cylinders 

The only people who do not agree with my saying the coaching makes ALL the difference are people who tried or are presently trying to succeed as a head coach and failed or are failing.  Which is the case for 731Ball and ManofMillions?

36 minutes ago, Deeper said:

The only people who do not agree with my saying the coaching makes ALL the difference are people who tried or are presently trying to succeed as a head coach and failed or are failing.  Which is the case for 731Ball and ManofMillions?

There’s a reason good HS coaches follow talent waves when they’re not at established football schools. If coaching makes ALL the difference, we should expect Obion Central to be atop their region soon. Right? Palmer has won at a higher level than any of the guys in that region.

7 hours ago, 731Ball said:

Lol… SS has more talent than humboldt bud. If they were both coached by the same staffs, SS would win by 4+ TD’s. I understand you’re saying Humboldt can make a title run easier than SS. Reality is NEITHER will ever anytime soon unless there’s a monumental change. Humboldt is a dead end job. SS isn’t.

That's a wild statement lol every head football coaching job in the jmcss is a dead end job outside of maybe North Side. And that's a big maybe. And I disagree about the monumental change statement I think Humboldt can be pretty good right now. Of course a head coaching change this late would probably derail that. 

54 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

That's a wild statement lol every head football coaching job in the jmcss is a dead end job outside of maybe North Side. And that's a big maybe. And I disagree about the monumental change statement I think Humboldt can be pretty good right now. Of course a head coaching change this late would probably derail that. 

Dude.. call Humboldt and ask them about their JCM scrimmage. For your sake 

19 hours ago, 731Ball said:

There’s a reason good HS coaches follow talent waves when they’re not at established football schools. If coaching makes ALL the difference, we should expect Obion Central to be atop their region soon. Right? Palmer has won at a higher level than any of the guys in that region.

When palmer raises a gold ball you can claim he's the best coach in the region