2023 TSSAA AA Volleyball Thread

Rockstar89

16 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Creek Wood drops their first match of the season to Harpeth tonight. This is only the 3rd match they have lost since the beginning of last season. They have only lost 4 sets in 17 games this season, all 4 to Harpeth. I am sure they will rebound, they are an extremely talented fundamental team. From the teams I have seen in AA, I still think it is theirs to lose in AA this year. Dyer, Crockett and Anderson Counties should compete as well from what I have seen/heard. 

Dyer co is doing better than I thought. They just started out really slow. They lost 3 really good seniors last year one being the setter.  They have freshman setter now but she's doing really well. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Signal Mountain and Creek Wood both punch tickets to the Final Four. 

Upperman and Dyer Co are the first to exit. Thought we might get more of a fight from DC.  

Very disappointed in DC. I will say they was way undersized compared to the other teams and it showed. Seemed like they was out of system the whole tournament. Lots of errors and service errors. 

Whoever had Valor Prep coming out of the losers bracket to beat Creek Wood better be playing the lottery. I didn’t see that one coming at all. I had seen them earlier in the season and thought they were good, but they exceeded all expectations. Congrats to them! Signal Mountain is a very good team who has a couple of real beasts. They beat Valor earlier in the tourney, but with it all on the line, you never know how it will shake out!