Cannon County Lions

hoopitup

I don't agree that they deserved it with the help they got

from the worst officials I have ever had the displeasure of watching.Its rare to see and hear officials giving pointers to players like they did in cannon county.I would be embarressed to no end if we had that much homecooking.Not only did they give pointers but they called cannon players by their first name.HOW RIDICULOUS!!!!!!

I THINK WHAT YOU REALLY WERE EMBARRESSED ABOUT IS ALL THE NASTY AIR BALLS "DEKALB" SHOT (4 BY MELTON). AND WHEN MOST TEAMS LOSE THEY ALWAYS HAVE AN EXCUSE, ABOUT 90% OF THE TIME IT IS THE REFS. "DEKALB" YOU LOST BY 14. DO YOU REALLY THINK THE REFS COST YOU TO LOSE BY THAT MUCH. YOU COULDN'T HANDLE THE LIONS DEFENSE AND THE CROWD TORE YOU UP. IF IT WILL MAKE YOU SLEEP BETTER AT NIGHT THINKING THE REFS COST YOU THE GAME THAT IS FINE, BUT THE TRUTH IS THAT YOU GOT A BIG DISTRICT LOSE. :D:( :confused: :(

You and I must not have watched the same game Timboe. If I remember correctly there were several of the Lions players that were mugged (thats putting it mildly) at several different times during the game and there were no calls. There was no home cooking going on. I'm sure you can borrow the Dekalbs video and re-evaluate your opinion. The Lions kept cool and played a great game. If the officiating had been called more evenly, you would be dealing with more than a 14 point lose.

yes both teams did not put up great scoring numbers, but in this huge rivalry defense plays a big key. Cannon's defense caused dekalb problems. As far as the foul count, dekalb should have been called for a whole lot more, but all in all Cannon showed more class in the win. Dekalb played dirty at times, which will come back to haunt them later on in the year. The better "TEAM" won this battle!!!