Marion Co. vs Fayetteville

JonSnow

11 hours ago, CoyDillard said:

1A and 2A is definitely stronger in the west I believe. 1A east is a cakewalk for the Pirates. 2A east favorite may be East Robertson then Marion Co. I haven't seen Smith play yet so not sure what they have. Losing that QB hurt them probably. 

Marion has to improve a lot if they want to play in December. They are not the #5 team in 2A right now.

Smith & Gordonsville are close kinfolk. Gordonsville turning it over several times was the difference in the game. We will find out more later when they play ER. ER has the talent but honestly their play resembles Fayetteville and Marion from 2022. Talent is there but something is missing and the turmoil around the program isn’t going away. Don’t be surprised if Smith & Gordonsville are both y’all’s biggest challenge. I’m just keeping it real. 

32 minutes ago, City223 said:

if this is your prediction, fayetteville played maybe their worst game of the season and lost 21-13 to them so despite their record they will compete with any team in 2a

Fayetteville could definitely be in the mix. Marion didn't play well either. Lots of missed opportunities. Finally in the last 2 drives got the ball out in space, instead of running up the middle all night, and scored both times.

I just wonder about the players mentality. It has to weigh on them being 0-4 after being so dominant for the past few years. They're still kids.

Edited by CoyDillard

2 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Smith & Gordonsville are close kinfolk. Gordonsville turning it over several times was the difference in the game. We will find out more later when they play ER. ER has the talent but honestly their play resembles Fayetteville and Marion from 2022. Talent is there but something is missing and the turmoil around the program isn’t going away. Don’t be surprised if Smith & Gordonsville are both y’all’s biggest challenge. I’m just keeping it real. 

I watched Smith vs LC this morning. They have some big kids and look pretty good. They may be the east rep.

14 hours ago, LethalAttack said:

What exactly is your thoughts my guy you have been on the T for a long time. 

I haven’t figured this MC team out. Is the defense just dominating and the offense squeaking by or what? I saw the end of the play against City. It looked like you guys are fortunate for sure but kudos for QB standing in there and taking the hit. 

I then see you didn’t score an offensive touchdown against DC( I think). 

really curious to what is happening there. It’s not making much sense to me. 

I am right there with you.  The defense is pretty stout.  Lots of athletes at the second level so they are able to cover the wrs.  The offense is very very vanilla, you can tell what is being ran when they line up.  Matter of fact, you could hear fcs coach calling out what was gonna be ran pre snap.  To me, that's concerning.  The qb has no time to throw.  There is absolutely no misdirection in the offense.  They did run  jet sweep when Sam scored I think and they did run some swing passes to get some confidence and pressure off the qb.  To be successful the offense will have to evolve or this teams ceiling will be the second round.