Dobyns Bennett @ William Blount

GovForce1

32 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

Willy B announcers crying now because they have to play in the same region as D-B... 

Um... wasn't that their choice, so they wouldn't have to play cross town boys from the 825 anymore?

Funny thing is, they would have finished in the same spot (next to last) in the other region as well. Just wouldn’t have been able to schedule enough of the cake wins out of region wins to puff out their chest at 5-5 or 6-4

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Funny thing is, they would have finished in the same spot (next to last) in the other region as well. Just wouldn’t have been able to schedule enough of the cake wins out of region wins to puff out their chest at 5-5 or 6-4

I wouldn't get too cocky. WB has been down for a few years, but I don't expect them to be down forever. This is the first year Jeff.Co has had a good team in years. You don't handle it very well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I wouldn't get too cocky. WB has been down for a few years, but I don't expect them to be down forever. This is the first year Jeff.Co has had a good team in years. You don't handle it very well. 

Jeff has made the playoffs the last few years. WB can count their playoff appearances on 2 hands. I will be fine

I wonder why they took 7 points off DB'S total on the Coach T scoreboard. Anyway, concerning DB's quarterback situation. I'm at a loss at why Sykes hasn't been the starter from game 1. I was wondering the same thing when they put him in for the second half against Morristown. But then figured, well maybe he was just in the zone and doesn't really practice that well. Then he finally gets the start tonight and plays like a three-year starter. Accounted for 212 yards and gets named player of the game. Those three loses were close enough that a player like Sykes could have made a difference. How could the coaching staff not recognize the talent he has. Anybody have an answer? 

2 minutes ago, GovForce1 said:

Like you playing Morristown East, Cocke County and Cherokee when we were playing Knox West, Maryville, Farragut, Bearden, and Catholic every year. Your toughest game (Sevier County) was our out of region opener. 

Are you talking about all those years we destroyed the Knoxville region in the playoffs. We usually played Central or Farragut out of conference as well. Plus, at least when I was there, Cocke Co was 9-0 when we played them in week 10. WB is and always has been a doormat. Get over it. Build a statue of “the Penguin “ for winning 6 games