Dobyns Bennett @ William Blount

GovForce1

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Sour grapes.

Sour grapes for who? I’m a Cyclone. And I hate seeing DB down. If DB was Maryville like and we were Alcoa like, I’d love to see the battles we would have. Even if we came out on the short end, that type of competition will only strengthen each team for their playoff runs. You can’t get ready for late round playoff competition playing 2-6 teams. And let’s face it. When DB, Elizabethton, Science Hill and Tennessee High are good, it just makes it that more fun to watch and is better for our Region as a whole. 
Now, if you meant the Maupin kid, I don’t blame him after the way they treated him before the Betsy game. They put him in exile that whole week and didn’t include him in any of the game plans. Like he was going to give away secrets. He wanted you all to beat us. If he had been on the field, he would have been throwing daggers. Does he still have friends over here? Life long friends. And don’t think for a moment, our guys wouldn’t flatten him if he was in the game. Between those lines it’s all business. Now, I’m not going to say he should have been playing. I’m not going to say stepping away was the right decision either. But it was his decision, it was a very difficult decision, I respect it and I hate he wasted his senior season. I don’t blame anyone. I just hate it for the kid. I guess some schools just have different priorities. 

30 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

Unfortunately my car started missing and my check engine light came on between the Rogersville and Bulls Gap exit, so I took the safe option and came back to the house.  Hoping for a good safe game and Roll Tribe!

My check engine light has been on for 4 years. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Sour grapes for who? I’m a Cyclone. And I hate seeing DB down. If DB was Maryville like and we were Alcoa like, I’d love to see the battles we would have. Even if we came out on the short end, that type of competition will only strengthen each team for their playoff runs. You can’t get ready for late round playoff competition playing 2-6 teams. And let’s face it. When DB, Elizabethton, Science Hill and Tennessee High are good, it just makes it that more fun to watch and is better for our Region as a whole. 
Now, if you meant the Maupin kid, I don’t blame him after the way they treated him before the Betsy game. They put him in exile that whole week and didn’t include him in any of the game plans. Like he was going to give away secrets. He wanted you all to beat us. If he had been on the field, he would have been throwing daggers. Does he still have friends over here? Life long friends. And don’t think for a moment, our guys wouldn’t flatten him if he was in the game. Between those lines it’s all business. Now, I’m not going to say he should have been playing. I’m not going to say stepping away was the right decision either. But it was his decision, it was a very difficult decision, I respect it and I hate he wasted his senior season. I don’t blame anyone. I just hate it for the kid. I guess some schools just have different priorities. 

Well concerning Maupin. He started against Asheville. Played 6 plays and didn't look good at all. They had to take him out and go back to their original starter, who took the team right down the field and scored. Now I do think they should have put him back in after the game was decided. Maybe it was nerves. And they should have put him in against Morristown East for another shot. However, they went with Sykes in the second half of the Morristown East game and he knocked it out of the park. And that was playing behind the second team line. So that moved Sykes to #2 (probably should be the starter). Maupin was out after that. Thats just what happened.