Big Surprises on the season:

SSHawks12

1 hour ago, TheBlueprint said:

TSSAA doesn’t pay football coaches. That is up to the school system 

Thanks for the clarification. I did a small amount of research after my post (which i should have done 1st) and i never should have made my statement. It really just comes down to support from their community. 

2 hours ago, TheBlueprint said:

With 2 teams from each district or region making the playoffs every year, there will absolutely be really good teams sitting at home coke playoff time just like there was back when. But if that’s the case, then that means most schools in the playoffs are good, meaning better/more meaningful football games. Plus, you find out who is really the best team when you have to beat 4 quality opponents in November to win it all

I’m not dumb enough to think that there will ever be a perfect system because there won’t be. But there are plenty of other options to improve high school football in Tennessee than what TSSAA has in place right now 

But the key is and always will be the money. They won’t go back from where they are. We all know that. 

Red Boiling Springs is a disappointment.Better than what they have been but 4-3 & got beat by 2 garbage teams Jackson County & Midway & blown out by Gordonsville like every year.1978 was their best team.Kings Academy 0-7 with 5 losses by a touchdown or less.They can't ever seem to get over the hump & get over 30 players which would help.Then when they do get great players West & Webb poach them as if they don't have enough talent.Eagleton even without Seniors was predicted to be the Alcoa of 2A & instead are the Heritage of 2A.Heritage is another disappointment as is William Blount who scheduled cookie cutters to build wins but stink in region games.The biggest disappointment is these schools who can't,don't,won't finish weather impacted games.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Did this happen? Does anyone know? Ripley has their HC job posted on the bulletin board over the weekend.
    • Coalfield definitely isn't the same team they've had the past few years. They are still the favorites to make it out of their region because of their pitching. They have 1 arm that sits low to mid 80s and 2 other arms that are mid to high 70s with good off speed stuff. If you can avoid their top 3 bats in their lineup then you have a shot to beat them. Their 4-9 hitters are average at best. Wartburg's ace was able to shut them down last week in the game Wartburg won 4-2. 
    • It is the longest season. Plus, 30 games a year. No Christmas break. I would say basketball is the most time consuming. 
    • No movement on Chester? South Gibson? Gibson County?
    • Winfree's senior year was the season she needed to secure more college interest. That opportunity was taken away from her. A lot of false assumptions can be made about what happened and what the options are. Unfortunately, the former coach and administration did not allow Winfree to have due process. A lawsuit was filed for a reason, and it will run its course by people who conduct discovery and take depositions. Unless the parties settle out of court, a lot of the pertinent issues will come to the public surface. I wrote about many of the issues here: https://bdnewsletter.news/2023/11/17/grounds-for-investigation-and-suspension/ I interviewed Winfree after she was dismissed from the team and wrote about it here: https://bdnewsletter.news/2023/12/01/a-new-interview-with-sable-winfree/ Winfree had been on teams in Warren County since the fourth grade and never been dismissed from a team. The real questions are why was Winfree dismissed from the team, and why the administration backed a coach whom they did not rehire.