Anderson county hosts Elizabethton Cyclones

Rackattack

7 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

True too. I can remember the year DB and SH were power houses. I didn't follow but you knew who they were and respected them! 

I’m from upper East Tennessee, and I don’t recall these 2 being “powerhouses”. Heck, I honestly don’t remember both of them being really good.(at least in the last 30 years).

Has either team made it past round 3 since the TSSAA went to 6A classification?

Edited by B-Ball Fan

I’m late to the conversation. Had a busy day. The 2019-20 Betsy teams had a bunch of bully’s on the O-Line. In my opinion, that was the biggest plus for them. They kept a young Rollins clean and made running the ball easier. 2021 had a good line and now a Senior, Rollins was such a dual threat that, even when plays broke down he could salvage something from it. Witten will always get the most out of his players. But not having a dominant line to keep the QB clean is always a problem. And they got exposed last night by the D Front of AC. I thought EHS needed to roll out more, throw more quick hitters and slants, and for the love of potato, why don’t we EVER use the tight end in the passing game? Can anyone remind me who our most famous football alum is? You’d think……oh well. Good luck Mavs and G-Men. Represent Quad 2 and let’s try to maintain that dominance. BDD out!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, B-Ball Fan said:

I’m from upper East Tennessee, and I don’t recall these 2 being “powerhouses”. Heck, I honestly don’t remember both of them being really good.(at least in the last 30 years).

Has either team made it past round 3 since the TSSAA went to 6A classification?

I guess it depends on what you call a power house. I do know at least 60 Early to late 70 they were considered studs to play if that helps any. At least from lower east Tennessee old timers I spoke with. I mentioned this before and someone remembered it too from upper east Tennessee. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

15 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

I’m late to the conversation. Had a busy day. The 2019-20 Betsy teams had a bunch of bully’s on the O-Line. In my opinion, that was the biggest plus for them. They kept a young Rollins clean and made running the ball easier. 2021 had a good line and now a Senior, Rollins was such a dual threat that, even when plays broke down he could salvage something from it. Witten will always get the most out of his players. But not having a dominant line to keep the QB clean is always a problem. And they got exposed last night by the D Front of AC. I thought EHS needed to roll out more, throw more quick hitters and slants, and for the love of potato, why don’t we EVER use the tight end in the passing game? Can anyone remind me who our most famous football alum is? You’d think……oh well. Good luck Mavs and G-Men. Represent Quad 2 and let’s try to maintain that dominance. BDD out!

Yeah a wheel route looks like it would work at least drop back and lob was not working. 

Thank you BigDD

Edited by Mavericksinflight

10 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Exactly what I think Dave and not having Pierce coaching that line showed up the last 3 weeks.

12 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Who coaches the secondary? 

On 11/9/2023 at 10:07 AM, CaptainGuru said:

I do not care what Anderson Mavericks coach said. Elizabethton Cyclones will not mercy rule Anderson Mavericks in this game. It will not happen. I guarantee it. Do you want to bet on it?  Anderson Mavericks are too good to get mercy ruled in this game. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message. 

I knew I was right about this game. I wish someone would have bet me about it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.