Bearden Basketball

JournalEntry

30 minutes ago, OneEyedKing said:

soubds like you have an axe to grind. maybe those boys just wanted to win. kids weere transferring into bearden for years because of what CMB established in the 90s. it happens everywhere.

I understand that the history is there from the Blevins days. But he actually invested in the student athletes and developed their attitude effort and toughness. I understand that recruiting is the name of the game but don’t let that be the only thing your program stands on. Leverage the importance of effort attitude and toughness to help grow them, not just focus on their bball skills.

12 minutes ago, JournalEntry said:

I understand that the history is there from the Blevins days. But he actually invested in the student athletes and developed their attitude effort and toughness. I understand that recruiting is the name of the game but don’t let that be the only thing your program stands on. Leverage the importance of effort attitude and toughness to help grow them, not just focus on their bball skills.

Interesting that you "know" all of these things about the program and continue to bash Bearden's coaches and players.  You obviously have an axe to grind or need some better sources

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, KnoxBBall1993 said:

Interesting that you "know" all of these things about the program and continue to bash Bearden's coaches and players.  You obviously have an axe to grind or need some better sources

No axe to grind. I’ve been watching them for almost 20 years and can only speak on what I have observed over time. Don’t mean to come off disrespectful because it’s obvious they’ve won consistently despite some of the changes over the years. I hope they can keep it up as CJP gains more experience there.

24 minutes ago, JournalEntry said:

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/03/31/bearden-hires-cherokees-jeremy-parrott-as-boys-basketball-coach/90891158/

this thread has me doing research. i need to et back to work but found this article. it takes time to establish a program @JournalEntry. 582 ins over 22 seasons. it looks like cjp has them on the right path. but hes a younger coach it seemsso it will take time. like i said though always rooting for the dogs. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JournalEntry said:

Nope, there are recruits from Karns and Carter on the squad.

OK well I don’t know the guy from Karns. I can tell you the guy from Carter it’s because his brother played football here a few years ago so he just came along.

I don’t believe he plays on the varsity roster, but it could be incorrect.

16 minutes ago, OneEyedKing said:

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/03/31/bearden-hires-cherokees-jeremy-parrott-as-boys-basketball-coach/90891158/

this thread has me doing research. i need to et back to work but found this article. it takes time to establish a program @JournalEntry. 582 ins over 22 seasons. it looks like cjp has them on the right path. but hes a younger coach it seemsso it will take time. like i said though always rooting for the dogs. 

If he would’ve just stayed one more year, he would’ve won state, but Parrot took over and won state in his first season, which is always a good look.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dawgz4life said:

If he would’ve just stayed one more year, he would’ve won state, but Parrot took over and won state in his first season, which is always a good look.

Wow didn’t realize that dawgs too many times we make it about the coaches but it’s really about the kids anyway. Glad both the kids and cjp benefited

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Dawgz4life said:

OK well I don’t know the guy from Karns. I can tell you the guy from Carter it’s because his brother played football here a few years ago so he just came along.

I don’t believe he plays on the varsity roster, but it could be incorrect.

I don’t know how educated you are on the basketball side of stuff over there but since you’ve posted on some football things, you’re probably familiar with a 2 sport star that plays football and basketball from Karns.

26 minutes ago, dirtydawg15 said:

Parrott's first year was 2016-17. 3 straight state tournaments with a gold ball in 2019. The 2019 class were freshmen in Blevins' last year.

Yes, I think you are right. It was around that time he took over. He was blessed to walk into such a stable situation program wise. He’s still young and early in his career at BHS, I think he may be able to make some real noise in the future. Just have to clean up some of the effort and toughness to get back to playing that type of Bearden Basketball CMB had them playing in 2000s.