Bearden Basketball

JournalEntry

26 minutes ago, GovMan said:

Blount has the best "1-2 combination" in East Tennessee, not just in their district.  If they do manage to beat Bearden this year, that will be one of the big reasons.

You have a good one in Coach Windle, as well. He has to be one of the best kept secrets in the state. Tons of experience and it shows.  He’s shown that he can coach at a high level at all of his stops.

10 minutes ago, JournalEntry said:

You have a good one in Coach Windle, as well. He has to be one of the best kept secrets in the state. Tons of experience and it shows.  He’s shown that he can coach at a high level at all of his stops.

ive always said that im not interested in how many wins a coach has. I'm interested in what that coach does with the talent hes got. especially in high school sports when recruiting is not part of the job description. Good for the govs. why i always respected the great Charlie Bayless. he got the most out of his boys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice win over a solid Alcoa team last night. I was concerned and still am concerned about the defense. That little PG for Alcoa went off and had to have over 30, I haven’t seen stats yet. There has to be some adjustment made there. If a AA Alcoa PG is doing that, I hate to see what the AAAA teams will do in Sectionals / State time. Nonetheless, nice win but still more work to do.

33 minutes ago, JournalEntry said:

Nice win over a solid Alcoa team last night. I was concerned and still am concerned about the defense. That little PG for Alcoa went off and had to have over 30, I haven’t seen stats yet. There has to be some adjustment made there. If a AA Alcoa PG is doing that, I hate to see what the AAAA teams will do in Sectionals / State time. Nonetheless, nice win but still more work to do.

That "Little" (If you call 6-2 little) PG Jahvin Carter was the Knoxville area player of the year last year and signed to play Basketball at Penn State already and ranked as the #3 player in the state by On3 and 247.  He had 37 and always gets his ever night no matter who he is playing. He will be the best PG that Bearden plays all year.......

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Swipes said:

That "Little" (If you call 6-2 little) PG Jahvin Carter was the Knoxville area player of the year last year and signed to play Basketball at Penn State already and ranked as the #3 player in the state by On3 and 247.  He had 37 and always gets his ever night no matter who he is playing. He will be the best PG that Bearden plays all year.......

Yeah you are certainly entitled to that opinion but this is East TN basketball. The real basketball is played on the west side of the state we know that. We’ll see what tune everyone is singing when we are at the glasshouse in March.

Edited by JournalEntry

20 minutes ago, JournalEntry said:

Yeah you are certainly entitled to that opinion but this is East TN basketball. The real basketball is played on the west side of the state we know that. We’ll see what tune everyone is singing when we are at the glasshouse in March.

Thats not my opinion that's the experts that watch kids from all over the nation and rank them. Also 3 out of the 4 public state champs last year came from East TN, the year before 2 out of the 4 came from East, TN including DB who beat your Bulldogs and had 2 East, TN teams in the Final. Don't be obtuse.

https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/industry-player/basketball/2024/?state=tn

https://247sports.com/Season/2024-Basketball/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=TN

19 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Thats not my opinion that's the experts that watch kids from all over the nation and rank them. Also 3 out of the 4 public state champs last year came from East TN, the year before 2 out of the 4 came from East, TN including DB who beat your Bulldogs and had 2 East, TN teams in the Final. Don't be obtuse.

https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/industry-player/basketball/2024/?state=tn

https://247sports.com/Season/2024-Basketball/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=TN

Yeah, I would somewhat agree with that. You have to be careful to use the word “expert” not sure I would agree with calling them that. Maybe “analyst” would be a better term. I haven’t forgotten about the tough loss to DB in State. Seems to be JPs Achilles heel even since his Hawkins High School days. It was one of my worries from the day we signed him. Thanks for your input though, fascinating reads at those links.

2 minutes ago, JournalEntry said:

Yeah, I would somewhat agree with that. You have to be careful to use the word “expert” not sure I would agree with calling them that. Maybe “analyst” would be a better term. I haven’t forgotten about the tough loss to DB in State. Seems to be JPs Achilles heel even since his Hawkins High School days. It was one of my worries from the day we signed him. Thanks for your input though, fascinating reads at those links.

Lets put it this way, they are more of an "Expert" than you or I will ever be since they see the best kids play the AAU circuit across the nation not just Tennessee Basketball.

4 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Lets put it this way, they are more of an "Expert" than you or I will ever be since they see the best kids play the AAU circuit across the nation not just Tennessee Basketball.

Yes in a relative sense, they are probably more in tune with it than others on this forum. Again, just a space for open conversation and perspective. Not intending to argue!

5 minutes ago, JournalEntry said:

Yes in a relative sense, they are probably more in tune with it than others on this forum. Again, just a space for open conversation and perspective. Not intending to argue!

I get it and wasn't trying to argue with you just giving you info.  Your first comment about the "Little" PG sounded like a slight to Jahvin Carter and just because he played for a AA team didn't make him as good when in fact he has been doing that since last year to many good teams and against AAU teams across the nation playing for B-Maze Elite

1 minute ago, Swipes said:

I get it and wasn't trying to argue with you just giving you info.  Your first comment about the "Little" PG sounded like a slight to Jahvin Carter and just because he played for a AA team didn't make him as good when in fact he has been doing that since last year to many good teams and against AAU teams across the nation playing for B-Maze Elite

No that was not my intention. Jahvin was the best player on the court hands down. You can tell why he’s committed to PSU. My criticism has more to the defensive philosophy last night trying to contain him. Looked like we couldn’t get it figured out in man or in zone and he ate us up. Just hope we can be more creative down the stretch to play more stingy defense.

3 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Mr. Journal is on here to throw shade at Bearden and their coaching staff and troll as much as he can.  We should not indulge him any longer