Where does DCA go?

Playerscoach

11 hours ago, QuickStrike said:

CJP is a better fit for DCA than either.
Roc Batten doesnt win state anywhere as head coach.   And would he a terrible fit for DCA.    

CJP will be a lifer when gets kids in and wins.  Most important thing to do is build roster immediately inside the school and he has already reached out to right people to help get other kids to play.  

U need to get back to grundling Vic Grider down there in South Pittsburg.   Or go be Gary Rankin’s ipad man on Friday Nights!

I hope you are right. Two good coaches mentioned right there at the end of that comment. Wish Vic was still at South Pitt. SE TN has a slew of good football coaches right now and a ton of good teams to watch. As far as Rankin, Boyd is starting to roll at that level of DII in that part of the state. Adding Fant to the community will only help. Silverdale is much improved. Reynolds at CCS is a good coach. Baylor and Mccallie, well are Baylor and Mccallie. Interested to see how ND will look with a familiar face to the landscape returning to state.

On 2/7/2024 at 3:50 PM, QuickStrike said:

Yeah man.  That Dork Bix has pissed off all the longtime Goodpasture people over there.   When you let the GOAT volleyball coach of all time leave and go to Ezell Harding out of spite, that's pathetic. 

That guy couldn't play basketball, couldn't coach basketball with David Martin and Estep, and then they had to step in and handle that.   But he's really good and sitting in the corner with his calculator app and history book. 

It takes zero talent to coach anything over there except football.  Everyone else is riding the coattails of everyone else's hard work. 

He makes the faculty look like a bunch of beggars.

@QuickStrike - You are out of line in regards to these posts.   Mo will assist Rainwater in handling this situation and apology will be issued.    Dutton's are on board here.  Must have been tough day at office with shakedown. 

Edited by Rainwater

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2024 at 9:20 AM, Rainwater said:

@QuickStrike - You are out of line in regards to these posts.   Mo will assist Rainwater in handling this situation and apology will be issued.    Dutton's are on board here.  Must have been tough day at office with shakedown. 

Cooled off for a week in timeout.   The question by @Playerscoach is where does DCA go?  The feedback provided was to fix basketball to help football.   

To fix basketball, probably good to start with a couple of guys that have been on the same staff before.   Doesn't really matter who actually calls timeouts, but get those folks they will win quickly.   

@Sackmaster50 probably knows some names.  Hearing big things coming to the new staff.   Trojan decided to stay out East, the Lord has a bigger plan.  

Two Rivers Ford and others have been on the phone circling the wagons.  

On 2/9/2024 at 1:26 PM, stephenhargisunderstudy said:

I don't disagree with that assessment. They want a guy who is going to be around for the foreseeable future. CPW was going to be a guy that every single year had the chance to jump ship for a bigger job.  How long is the leash for CJP? How many years does he get if this thing goes South? 

Long leash.  The job never comes available.     The great Paul Wade went 0-10 and survived.   The Sheriff will not let anything happen under his watch as he and the Chief are bringing law and order back to the Stones. 

On 2/6/2024 at 9:19 AM, stephenhargisunderstudy said:

My concerns in order are:

1. Head coach experience as a high school coach is a limited sample size with disappointing results  (7-23). The guy has never coached in a TSSAA playoff game or at a DII school.

2. Middle School coach for the last ten years. You convinced me he did a great job there. But, dude had numbers. You guys said it yourself, biggest middle school in RuCo. 

3. How will he get guys when the cup does not runneth over with numbers? 

If Pierce was such a sure thing at Blackman and a staple of the middle school development, etc. why wasn't he hired to be on staff with Kriesky when he was hired? 

Great questions.  

1.) We don't know.  

2.) His lineman were bigger than some D2-A schools.  And some bad 1A and 2A schools.  

3.) Worrying about something that isn't a problem yet. 

Nobody cares about Blackman.  They can't win.  Shadowens was their best coach and they got mad over some gift cards.  Won 2 titles at Smyrna, but let's get mad over gift cards.   

1 hour ago, QuickStrike said:

Cooled off for a week in timeout.   The question by @Playerscoach is where does DCA go?  The feedback provided was to fix basketball to help football.   

To fix basketball, probably good to start with a couple of guys that have been on the same staff before.   Doesn't really matter who actually calls timeouts, but get those folks they will win quickly.   

@Sackmaster50 probably knows some names.  Hearing big things coming to the new staff.   Trojan decided to stay out East, the Lord has a bigger plan.  

Two Rivers Ford and others have been on the phone circling the wagons.  

Well according to TSSAA Bulletin Board, there are several Coaching opportunities available. Basketball, however, not listed... so if the feedback is accurate, then the Administration didn't get the message...

From TSSAA BB: "...Coaching opportunities exist in varsity football, (possibly defensive coordinator or offensive line coach), volleyball, softball, baseball, and wrestling."

Edited by Sackmaster50

38 minutes ago, Sackmaster50 said:

Well according to TSSAA Bulletin Board, there are several Coaching opportunities available. Basketball, however, not listed... so if the feedback is accurate, then the Administration didn't get the message...

From TSSAA BB: "...Coaching opportunities exist in varsity football, (possibly defensive coordinator or offensive line coach), volleyball, softball, baseball, and wrestling."

The message is clear.  Nobody knows.  Help wanted signs everywhere.   The Sheriff and Big Chief know……As the crow flies, not that far.   

I'm afraid the search for basketball would be so small and closed. It would be some alumni/someone who has been through DCA in the coaching ranks in the past decade. 

I have a guy who would win basketball titles at DCA and who wants to be in the Nashville area with a resume and track record far more proven than Dr. Johnson and this is coming at the highest level of DII and college levels.

1 hour ago, stephenhargisunderstudy said:

I'm afraid the search for basketball would be so small and closed. It would be some alumni/someone who has been through DCA in the coaching ranks in the past decade. 

I have a guy who would win basketball titles at DCA and who wants to be in the Nashville area with a resume and track record far more proven than Dr. Johnson and this is coming at the highest level of DII and college levels.

Ask FCS how that worked out in basketball when they let a man go for a "college level" girls coach who stayed one year.  That was a disaster.  Then in boys, they hired a "college coach" from Free Will, who couldn't run a simple PE class.  Coaching in college means nothing at high schools.  Those candidates can not adapt to teaching and working with faculty in a high school, so they up to a "better" job and leave.   Ensworth hired Jeremy in football, one and done.  Clown show hire.  

No reason for a search in basketball if change is needed.  They just need helpers.  If you can provide help coaching hoops, which I think you have - you should apply.  Not sure if Catholic league counts.

It is my understanding that DCA DC Beaubien has accepted the Head Coaching job at Scott City HS, MO.  I don't know the full details and would be interested to see if new DCA Coach has reached out to current coaches to remain on staff or encourage them to move on.  Playerscoach, please chime in.  

• Like 1

I am not a hoops guy. And I didn't say they were a head college coach. Just that he had experience in a Nashville university under a legendary coach. And since has worked at the boy big level of DII in the state of TN. 

The point of the response is DCA can have top-level coaches in ALL sports. We don't have to settle for men or women who are good teachers and beg them/let coach because they want to.

Nashville is attractive enough and DCA is strong enough that qualified coaches would go there if they are compensated well. I'm not saying CPW compensation. But, fair compensation. If you want to move this thing to the next level with that fancy new athletic building and facilities, HIRE COACHES to lead their sport. 

That gets me on another soap box, they need to pay teachers at the academy more as well. I KNOW they are getting a nice raise, and headed in a better direction.  BUT it still isn't enough compared to comparable independent schools in TN. 

1 minute ago, Doppelganger said:

It is my understanding that DCA DC Beaubien has accepted the Head Coaching job at Scott City HS, MO.  I don't know the full details and would be interested to see if new DCA Coach has reached out to current coaches to remain on staff or encourage them to move on.  Playerscoach, please chime in.  

That's good intel, thanks for the update. Congrats to Coach if that is the case. Great guy, wish him all the best in his new ventures in MO.