Where does DCA go?

Playerscoach

28 minutes ago, stephenhargisunderstudy said:

That's good intel, thanks for the update. Congrats to Coach if that is the case. Great guy, wish him all the best in his new ventures in MO. 

Good enough to get a head coaching job at a bigger school but not good enough to be head coach at DCA. Jobs most often go to who is making hire feels comfortable with in that school and not often most qualified or even the best. Happens all the time.

44 minutes ago, Doppelganger said:

It is my understanding that DCA DC Beaubien has accepted the Head Coaching job at Scott City HS, MO.  I don't know the full details and would be interested to see if new DCA Coach has reached out to current coaches to remain on staff or encourage them to move on.  Playerscoach, please chime in.  

I'm pretty sure we know the answer as to why the DC didn't stick around.... and if I'm CJP, that's the FIRST person I'm asking to stay, but I'm not sure CJP is being allowed to hire/keep who he wants when it all boils down to it. I'm sure he has reached out to some great Coaches about joining the team, but once again, does he really have final say as to who he can hire?

And as the Chattanooga Chapter DCA alumn @stephenhargisunderstudy has eluded to, DCA doesn't pay jack compared to other Privates. Tell Coach Sanders and Willoughby at Baylor hello from the @Sackmaster50 when you see them on the sidelines. Played with them at MTSU. ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sackmaster50 said:

I'm pretty sure we know the answer as to why the DC didn't stick around.... and if I'm CJP, that's the FIRST person I'm asking to stay, but I'm not sure CJP is being allowed to hire/keep who he wants when it all boils down to it. I'm sure he has reached out to some great Coaches about joining the team, but once again, does he really have final say as to who he can hire?

And as the Chattanooga Chapter DCA alumn @stephenhargisunderstudy has eluded to, DCA doesn't pay jack compared to other Privates. Tell Coach Sanders and Willoughby at Baylor hello from the @Sackmaster50 when you see them on the sidelines. Played with them at MTSU. ;)

Good to hear from a fellow Blue Raider football player.  We both played for McCullom.  He assisted Boots when I played.  Class act.

21 minutes ago, fb247 said:

Good enough to get a head coaching job at a bigger school but not good enough to be head coach at DCA. Jobs most often go to who is making hire feels comfortable with in that school and not often most qualified or even the best. Happens all the time.

Well "comfortable" doesn't always get you the best outcome. Lots of people need to get out of their comfort zone down there and see beyond 300 Danyacrest Drive. Until then, status quo never changes....

49 minutes ago, Sackmaster50 said:

Well "comfortable" doesn't always get you the best outcome. Lots of people need to get out of their comfort zone down there and see beyond 300 Danyacrest Drive. Until then, status quo never changes....

I 100% agree with this statement. For change to come and things to continue to improve the school needs to get out of its comfort zone. Whether that be a potentially unconventional hire (see CJP), more $ to attract talent, etc.  I want the academy to achieve unprecedented success in all sports and academics. And I think that is possible in time with the mentality you mentioned. 

@Playerscoach has gone into hiding and must be soccer time grundle.

Hate to hear that about the DC, but fresh start could be good for everyone involved and what's best for his family.   Lot of respect for him.   Job is going to be tough after Year 1.    If TSSAA passes transfer rule, all heck can break loose quickly and will be tough to keep some unhappy players there.  Immediate help could come from Wilson County with linemen on the way or look around in Madison and East Nashville.  Eligible help is everywhere at the Donelson Y, Old Hickory Community Center, and Hermitage Community - but if you need cornfed, gonna have to MJ Providence and get the 2 Rivers van loaded.

Missouri is nice place with big deer and outside activities.   

2 hours ago, Sackmaster50 said:

Haven't seen you down at that address.   You must be hiding with @Playerscoach working on soccer grundle or head dance team.  You must have been decent at soccer, but we don't know because the Hitman took your spot.

"The field mouse is fast, but the owl sees at night."

Hitman needs to hit the elliptical from what I've heard.

Guess he could help lead the charge on Exchange Students heading to Danyacrest. I'm sure he can at least be a liaison to get them from Hartsville to the Stones, at least one way....

Soccer season right around the corner.

Hopefully this year's Region Tourney is a better environment than last years....

Some people like a little :popcorneater: for their games....

But I digress, didn't mean to @Playerscoach the thread about futbol.

@QuickStrike let me know when cheerleading is over. I don't think they have zebras for that sport. And Burton Sperry told me to tell you hello. He misses you. :hungry:

1 hour ago, Sackmaster50 said:

"The field mouse is fast, but the owl sees at night."

Hitman needs to hit the elliptical from what I've heard.

Guess he could help lead the charge on Exchange Students heading to Danyacrest. I'm sure he can at least be a liaison to get them from Hartsville to the Stones, at least one way....

Soccer season right around the corner.

Hopefully this year's Region Tourney is a better environment than last years....

Some people like a little :popcorneater: for their games....

But I digress, didn't mean to @Playerscoach the thread about futbol.

@QuickStrike let me know when cheerleading is over. I don't think they have zebras for that sport. And Burton Sperry told me to tell you hello. He misses you. :hungry:

Out of line about the HItman, but last time I saw him was at the Donelson Y.   GraveDigger putting in work at the farm chopping wood for the Saturday Night Barrel.   

Thundercats still the best soccer team around.   Silver jersey squad.

Sick of salads, need a break from Burton.  Rather go Blaze at lunch. 

3 minutes ago, QuickStrike said:

Out of line about the HItman, but last time I saw him was at the Donelson Y.   GraveDigger putting in work at the farm chopping wood for the Saturday Night Barrel.   

Thundercats still the best soccer team around.   Silver jersey squad.

Sick of salads, need a break from Burton.  Rather go Blaze at lunch. 

Hope I am out of line. Maybe he'll run some noontime with us... or Blaze it up for lunch.

Funeral Home is hiring in Hermitage. When it Rains, it pours.

Thundercats Gold - Cartoon Logos | OpenSea 

If you know, you know.

4 minutes ago, Sackmaster50 said:

Hope I am out of line. Maybe he'll run some noontime with us... or Blaze it up for lunch.

Funeral Home is hiring in Hermitage. When it Rains, it pours.

Thundercats Gold - Cartoon Logos | OpenSea 

If you know, you know.

You and he can be the first cyclists I see in that new lane.   Anyone seen Goochstock lately?   Sister loved Blaze on the way to ER.   JLA coming out party.   Luigi's brother been hitting me up all week.