Lake County head coaching job open?

9 hours ago, FtBallTimeInTN said:

The talent there is usually strong.  The issue with this job is the low pay and full class load. You'll have to hire either someone from there who doesn't want to leave or increase pay and lessen other responsibilities to attract and retain good coaches. 

Totally agree, that's when the school board should step in at budget time because theyve spent money on everything except Athletics. 

8 hours ago, SpottedGoat said:

Yeah I agree. I definitely didn't mean for my question to come across as Lake will get the scraps left over from other vacancies. Should've worded that better. Away from the pay & or distant location or teaching responsibilities, etc., I think this is a premium gig so far as football goes. I just wondered if they had an obvious name in waiting. Someone that might get a chance to move home or the like. It does make me wonder, with all the good teams they've had, why don't, or do they have a list of alum's that could take over the program and wouldn't use it as a stepping stone.?

No offense taken bro, I agree with everything you said in your post. I haven't heard of any names locally in waiting, I sure hope not anyway I'm just being honest. And with the middle school team coming up to high school in August Lake County will be a tough out for the next several years. 

18 hours ago, truefalconfan said:

No offense taken bro, I agree with everything you said in your post. I haven't heard of any names locally in waiting, I sure hope not anyway I'm just being honest. And with the middle school team coming up to high school in August Lake County will be a tough out for the next several years. 

True LC is receiving several talented kids from middle school this year. The 7th grade class also has alot of talented players. I have heard a few names mentioned so far but will not mention.

4 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

True LC is receiving several talented kids from middle school this year. The 7th grade class also has alot of talented players. I have heard a few names mentioned so far but will not mention

Understandable! I hope and believe it's some good, qualify candidates that apply and are truly considered for the position. Some high school head coaching experience would definitely be a huge plus

On 2/8/2024 at 4:18 PM, truefalconfan said:

Understandable! I hope and believe it's some good, qualify candidates that apply and are truly considered for the position. Some high school head coaching experience would definitely be a huge plus

One person that has put in for the job is from Union City. He was the middle school coach there last season. I do not believe they won a game. Surely LC can draw more interest than that.

Just now, lakecounty1968 said:

One person that has put in for the job is from Union City. He was the middle school coach there last season. I do not believe they won a game. Surely LC can draw more interest than that.

Not sure if the next coach will have head coaching experience. You would have to go back to Coach Bargers 2 d tenure here to find that. More than likely be some up and coming assistant. 

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Not sure if the next coach will have head coaching experience. You would have to go back to Coach Bargers 2 d tenure here to find that. More than likely be some up and coming assistant. 

Understandable, I still believe Josh Wolfe would be an excellent candidate and fit in Lake County. However, I'm not sure what he's doing now or even if he has a coaching gig. 

On 2/8/2024 at 4:18 PM, truefalconfan said:

You know when coaching jobs come open , I try to put myself in the schools shoes to decide what hire would make sense . If I was Lake County , I would go after Xavier Garmon from South Fulton . He coaches with so much energy , played QB in college and he’s the one that makes that offense go at SF .. he would be an outstanding hire and he’s definitely up and coming .