White County Coaching Staff

Hoopngal

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just curious how Bruce was doing down here. I knew him very well a few years ago, but lost contact when he moved to Sparta. I have heard nothing but horrible things on him since I moved and I was just wondering what the deal was. Frankly, I am sick of people arguing whose fault it should be that they are losing. I think the world of Slatten and I realize that if they are losing it is partly his fault as well as the players fault, but it seems now all people are doing is trying to figure out who each other is and put the blame of SParta losing on different people. I have heard enough about Slatten. I wish him and the boys the best of luck. Beleive me, I have got plenty of reasons why people are talking nasty about him, but those things people are saying he has done or said, I still don't and will never believe them. I saw him about six months ago, and he was still the same person I knew a few years back. So I just think people have done their share of bashing him on here but it is a chat board, so feel free to carry on.

Shoot-out started out with the Oaklands, Science Hill,etc

in the boys.Had teams in the girls from Penn.,Ga., plus

top teams from Tenn. With the exception of Jackson Co.

girls, field is fairly weak. People in charge have dropped

the ball. Good teams like to come to good tourneys.Seems

like people in charge worried to much about making all the

money they can instead of having a good field.

• 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Eubanks and the boys will be ready.  
    • Just think it could be West, Alcoa, plus one more. Could doesn’t mean it will 
    • It’s a small town and they are in the same school system. People talk and can pull up records on their personal devices. 
    • Sorry Barn. I wasn’t specific enough. It seems I’m always protecting the principal at 825. My interactions with her have been extremely positive, but very limited. With all the other stories being told, I’m confident there are other sides I am not aware of. Regardless, there are lots of decent people earning good checks up there. Maybe too good, which explains why no one is willing to speak up. My beef is with the poor communication among the athletic programs and with the administration. Seven years ago the poor communication led to my son missing graduation due to a sporting event that was planned months before. I chalked it up to the system being totally shocked that the baseball team made it out of their district, and our then AD was a football coach. Maybe they were surprised and did not plan appropriately. That was more palatable than they just didn’t give a crap. Déjà vu, seven years later, same thing. Different administration, but same result.  Maybe in seven more years, it will actually be “about the kids”. They should do better.