White County Coaching Staff

Hoopngal

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know for a fact that he got fired, or did he move on to better things, and they scored 27 pts., big deal, can the coaches shoot the ball for them? By the way do you know anything about Slatten, I mean before he came to WHite Co. or Cleveland? I'm sure his overall wins vs. losses would surprise you and shut up a lot of the negative comments I have been hearing about him. When a team loses, it's not all the coaches fault.

[Edited by Hoopngal on 12-11-02 12:01A]

Guest missedit

I think the coaches at White Co. are doing the best they can do right now with the players they have. As far as I know, White Co. doesn't have a senior on the team;therefore, just think how much better the team will be next year. Sparta is just playing with alot of players that dont have a ton of playing time experience from the past two or three years. Coach Dodson is doing a wonderful job with the JV team. The upcoming 8th grade team is a power house. Things are going to get better for this team. Not only will the be better in a few years, but the guys that are playing right now are going to be even better by next year. People need to get off the coaches backs. If you think you can do better then maybe you should apply for the job. Keep your heads up White Co. and hang in there.

Thanks for backing me up about all the negative remarks about the coaches. I do not know a lot about the Sparta team, but I have heard that Slatten-only 5 years went undefeated and won a state championship, with that kind of experience under his belt, he and the boys, in time will be ok. Keep your heads up guys, it will get better. :D

You are right williamd, cleveland got rid of slatten. The players down there where thankful that he was fired. The championship he won at perry co,come on, anybody could take a 7 foot kid and beat anyone in single A. If he didn't win the state with kirk haston he should never be able to coach a junior pro team.

Ktown, you think you know so much about perry co., but if Hason was the only good,tall kid they had, how hard could it be to stop him. Bottom line, you don't know squat about what Slatten did at PErry Co. if you did, you would be giving him a little time to get his team together. Did you know that when Perry Co. with tall Kirk Haston won the state tourney, that they also beat the AA state champs during the season, do you think tall Kirk Haston did that all by himself? I don't think so. Slatten is a very hard working coach, he just needs time to get his program together.

To all doubters....it is true Coach Slatten was blessed with having a tall player at Perry Co., but he still had to coach him, run an offense for him, and manage 13 other players. So the question it seems.....Did Kirk Haston help win a state?? Yes he did, but to say he won it alone is just plain crazy!

Ok now a question for you Slatten bashers....take away Brent Jolley or Kyle gribble. Does Whitted win a state much less two?? I can tell you that answer...NO! Whitted showed what happens when you do not have talent.....you do not win and some coaches even quit in the middle of the season after a 20 point loss. So please remember that when bashing OUR coaches that are here now, working everyday to help makes White Co. what it once was......A POWER HOUSE!!!

Coach Slatten and Coach Dotson and the Warriors....keep up the good work we are so proud of you!!!!!!!!!! Never mind these people living in the past.

You must be proud of anybody that is a loser. Don't worry about the past that was "the winning days". The loser coach is now continue to destroy the talent on the team. If white co. wins one game in this year low-talented district it will shock everyone. I hear that coach dodson can't stand slatten either. He keeps the players calm and relaxed. At least that dodson is a nice guy,unlike slatten he seems to be a winner. For all you slatten supporters, you are the only people that like the crazy guy. :x

Layup- Nice post, you made a point and turned around and contradicted it. You just said that just players couldn't win a state championship, to take up for Slatten. Then you try to make it sound like the players won it for Coach Whited. Its like you said players aren't going to win it by themselves......thats crazy. Whited had Jolley and Gribble, not the Yarboroughs, Henderson, or Slay (but he beat them all). Whited's teams were not the most talented teams in the tourney either year. You said Whited shows what happens when you don't have talent......you lose? Really? Go back and check his records then........he won at least 24 games both years after the state championships Sounds like he was still winning to me and you said yourself that he didn't have good talent then. So if he wasn't any good how did he win that many games with no talent like you said? Thanks for making my point for me........ :x