Unionville vs. Cascade

Softball2004

Well the game was awesome and it surprises me that no one on here is talking about it. Well Unionville did very well last night. Andrew Haywood had 16 points, which is not what he usually gets in a game; I believe that Cascade wasw ready for him and Micheal Allen. Andrew had 4 rebounds and Micheal had 5. The guys tried their best but the shots didn't fall for them when they needed them to. So I think both squads (girls too) need to be ready for the next ball game at Unionville. It will be a good one.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this was a good ball game and the last thing i am going to do is blame the refs or the coaching because it was neither, we did get hosed on some calls but your on the road you have to play thru that. But i will say coach green did everything but give it to us and we couldnt hit the last bucket to win the game, green(jeff fisher) played keep away with a 5 point lead with 4 minutes left cascade maintained the ball and seemed to have it won but when waters missed a free throw with 23 ticks left we had the ball and only trailed by 1 but we didnt get it done. so there you go but forrest i will agree with you all on one thing Tony green has zero disclpline on that ballteam i mean he is laughing and cutting up with the team, you have waters pointing to the crowd after he hit a free throw. you got one on the bench suspended for two games for technicals i see exactly why mooney resigned, but i must say this #52 for cascade is class act hes shoook hands he helped guys up he also played a heck of a game, but waters and the rest of the attitudes it wont be the same result in Unionville bet that!!!! and will green ever drink enough water??????

after i read my post i think it came off like i didnt like caleb and the other guys that is not what i meant i think there good guys and a good team i know caleb and think alot of him you see its not there fault that they dont have disclpline on that on the team. and at that age of guys tempers flare and attiudes arise and you act before you think and someone should be there to either stop you or calm you down and chew you out thats whats missing at cascade and right the jokes on us but not for long

i consider myself a cascade fan, but i have to say i found the finger-pointing thing at the end to be a totally classless action. i was embarrassed by it and think unionville is owed an apology. i think the kid is a first rate kid, and (when his emotions are under control) an outstanding ball player, but someone needs to have a heart to heart with him about that kind of stuff. makes the whole team look like trash.

as for judging the coach, its a little rash to make judgements this early in his tenure. i have been favorably impressed by him in person and i would be surprised if he isnt more unhappy with some of the behavior than anyone. but the kids didnt get these attitudes overnight and wont change overnight either. as far as their performance, i havent gotten to see the team play much, but frankly the results have been better than i expected with a new coach and so many new players. i think i will wait and see how they carry themselves at the end of the season before i criticize the coach.

My hat off to coach Mike Edmondson for the respectable apearance of the Community boys team.They are wearing collared shirts(tucked in) and dress pants(pulled up) to all the games. (would look even better with a tie) and are well behaved.Some teams have abolished this practice and are wearing sweats (pants legs pulled up to their knees)flip flops,and stocking caps pulled down over their ears and eyes.

PS. We will HAPPILY make room for Danny Mooney at Unionville anytime. He is a GREAT coach and person

O.k, look what i did with the finger pointing had nothing to do with being cocky or trying to make my team look bad. But you people must not know what it's like playing against a school that you came from. I grew up with just about every boy on unionville. I like all of them except William you people say i'm cocky open your eyes he starts half of the arguments that your team gets in. Yall need a point guard and everyone in the district knows that. Yall have one but he sits the bench(Alan Dennis)What's up man. He's the smartest ball handler they have and he hardly gets to play. I can promise you one thing you will never see that out of me again, I lost control of my emotions and if that bothered anybody i'm sorry. Cascade fans stay with us we have the abilitly to be great but we are going to have to listen to greene and K.P and work as hard as we can and get better every game. Lets Go CHAMPS!!!!!!

Dear Unionvegas,

I to am a Cascade fan. I'm sitting here trying to figure out what your about? The first Unionville fan talked about how both games were excellent! Which I felt was an excellent assessment of two great played games that went down to the last second. I would agree with you that the Forrest game did get out of hand. It was that way with the girls game, but the difference is the Cascade boys have heart and refuse to take a lose. Not saying the Cascade girls don't have heart before someone turns my words around.

I think Lazuras is correct especially after watching them beat Culleoka last Friday. They played extremly well the last four minutes of the ball game(DISCIPLINE BALL). I think that Unionville has as much or more cockiness given the last two years. I think the Waters boy is like everyone else in this game. 100% out to win this county rivalry. I think we can survive the game without finger pointing!?! Right Lazuras. As for Mr.Thirsting? If he can bring back Helton with a new outlook on team ball they (we) could be a team to look out for come tourney time. They do keep getting better every game! Keep working boys, and I'll continue to come. GO CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Well I like keeping up with stats. And if you look at what some of you did, you would be ashamed of your play. All the post on here have talk about how this player did that and this player did this. Some of you may want to be seen by colleges like Motlow or if you're lucky MTSU. Yes Unionvegas, I'm going to put them on here.

Curry: 3-7 44% 2pt 1-6 17% 3pt 6-8 FT 2 T/0 4 assist

Dennis: 0-1 0% 2pt 0-1 0% 3pt 2-2 100% FT 1 T/O 1 assist

Smith: 0-3 0% 0-0 0-0 1 T/O 3 assist

VanNorthwick: 0-0 0-0 1-2 50% FT 5 T/O 2 assist

Woodall: 1-5 20% 2pt 0-0 2-2 100% FT 4-2 rbs 2T/O

32 Lamb: 0-1 0% 2pt 0-0 0-1 0% 1-1 rbs 1 assist

Allen: 4-8 50% 2pt 0-0 1-2 50% FT 7-1 rbs 1 assist

44 Lamb: 2-2 rbs

Haywood: 6-12 50% 2pt 1-3 33% 1-2 50% FT 5-2 rbs 3 T/O 1 steal 1 block

The Vikings were 14-35 40% 2pt 3-10 30% 3pt 12-17 71% FT 20-4 rbs 15 T/O 12 Assist 2 steals 16 PF 1 Block

Champions were 16-44 36% 2pt 2-7 29% 3pt 14-21 67% FT 26-16

9 T/O 11 assist 8 steals 20 PF 3 Blocks

Now all of you should have been 100% from free throw line. No one is blocking you.

I'm sure you may not like seeing this or disagree with me but when things look dirty; you call them dirty. ;)

[Edited by Sidetrain on 12-17-02 9:51P]

Sidetrain,

Come on now let's look at who are writing alot of these are

children. Although there teenager's I'm sure they don't won't to be called children, but they are. I can't believe this. I've talked to you several times, I've never seen this side of you. You are a man to me seem's to be fair. I know this is a big rivalry and we can get caught up in our emotion's, but let's all calm down this is just a ballgame. When we come to your house, the table's could be turned on both sides of the court. Let's all just calm down. I hope you and your family has a happy holiday.

:):)

I believe that I may have been misunderstood. I just what them to look at the game it self. They both played badly but someone had to lose. The rivalry does not get in me that much because I'm not from Unionville as many around here keep reminding me(Unionvegas). But I do like to see good players get better. I have friends on both teams and was disappointed in both groups. But that is another thing. If I have siad something that was taken wrong I am real sorry. As a fan I want them to get better and not just be glad they beat one team or lose to one team. One game does not alsways make or break your season.

I'm not sure who you are MOM197 ;):D :confused: