Unaka Girls are for Real

starman

It is time Coach Kenneth Chambers gets credit for the outstanding job that he has done with the Lady Ranger basketball program. Playing a line-up that consists of mostly sophomores he has taken the Lady Ranger basketball program to another level. They have only two seniors no juniors on the varsity but could very well start 4 sophomores and a freshman in their line-up. Keep up the good work coach, you have a special group of players and very look very well coached. Teams will take notice after that awesome performance against Cosby Tuesday night.

Guest madhandles

Finally, someone is giving the Lady Rangers credit. EastTNsportswriter omitted Unaka as a team to beat in the upper east TN girls post. I guess noone takes them seriously. But they will....

Coach Chambers has done a great job with the girls in Stoney Creek. He always seems to have his teams prepared to play. I coached against Coach Chambers for years and his teams at Hunter and Keenburg were always a tough opponent. He has provided stability and a work ethic for the program. It's not just the boys that can play on the creek now. It should be exciting to see them match up with Cloudland's girls this year. I think both teams could make a push for Murfreesboro this year. To do what he is doing with sophomores and freshman mostly, is truly an accomplishment. I don't want to take away from their talent though because the girls definitely have talent even though they are young. Good job Kenneth.