Can Houston county give McEwen any competition?

Orangefanallday

I'll take McEwen because Houston County is such an inconsistent team. If Ross and Skelton are on it could be a game, but I think McEwen probably has to much for them this year. Hard to really say how good McEwen is because of their schedule. Playing a weak schedule will help their record, but won't help prepare them come tournament time. I would have liked to have seen them schedule some quality opponents this year. They won't have a team like this again and it's a shame they didn't make a schedule worthy of the talent they have. Good competition would only make them better. For those that don't know much about them, their backcourt is a good one with Hall and Puckett. Good luck Warriors!

I've only seen Houston County play one game, against Harding Academy, and I've never seen McEwen play. That said, if Houston County plays the way they played in the game that I saw, they not only can, but will give just about any team some competition. I saw a very competitive and athletic team that just needed to work on their finesse. But consistency is a problem with most teams, so who knows what team will show up to play against McEwen, just don't count out the Irish.

Look guys, finally McEwen has a winning boys team. It happens every now and then, but they are not going to dominate or anything. I am glad to see a small school do well, being from one myself, but let's get real, are ya'll going to ask if every team they play can give then any competition? Thats a little much. Let the scores speak for themselves. I do not want to sound like I am bashing them, I just think people in Humphrey's Co. are getting a little too excited.

Don't take it the wrong way, I hope McEwen has a great year as they are a fun group to watch and have some class kids playing for them. My point is, they haven't really had much success in basketball and if this is "the year" for them, then in my opinion they should have upgraded the schedule to get the team ready for the tournaments. But, after losing at Houston County, they may not be as good as I personally thought they were so a weaker schedule may be a good thing. I know they play some private schools in their district, but this is basketball not football so the competition is not that strong. Outside of the their district schedule; Fairview, Bruceton, Stewart County, Cheatham County, Creekwood, and Big Sandy is about as weak of schools as you will find in this area. Playing them is not going to make McEwen any better. They'll get 12 wins, but no improvement. With this being their "big year" they should have tried to play Dickson, Harpeth, Waverly, Perry County, Montgomery Central, Sycamore, etc. to just name a few area schools. Anyway, I do wish them the best of luck and hope to see them in Murfreesboro come spring time.