2003 4-5A

JohnnyC

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JESUSISLIFE2

well i have heard that philip sanford is really good. persoally i ahve never seen him play. i think he transferd cause he was tired of playing back up to rico turner. he will be a senior next yeah. and i havent heard about a senior form smyrna going to go to riverdale. do you have the name of the player? so i will tell you if i hear anything about any seniors goign to go to riverdale. :o

Guest JESUSISLIFE2

he trasford at the beginning of this year. he sat out the year in football. and i think he did move. so i dont know. who is the smyrna player that you heard was going to go to riverdale? plus if he transfers doesnt he have to sit out a year? :)

Guest region4fan

I do not know who the kid is that is transferring to Riverdale. I just know that he supposedly was tired of losing at Smyrna and tired of the coach. He and his mom came to Riverdale right before the Blue Cross Bowl and stayed for their pep rally. I will let you know when I find out his name. He is supposed to move into their zone. If you do that, then you can play the next year. It is when you do not move that you have to sit out .( Or if you are going from private to public school. )Does Smyrna have anyone else that is coming in or leaving??

I think we will hear soon who the new principal will be at Oakland. Then that will tell the tale about the coaching situation. I think Coach Euverard has first crack at it at Siegel.

Where are ya OLINEATHLETE????

Well, i am back one more 'gin for the new year.....I can tell yall this...Oaklands new principal is from what i hear is either a Mr. Herbert, or i hear they may promote Mr. Tackett up....lets hope that dont happen...lol...and i also know oaklands schedule goes as follows(in order)

Brentwood Academy

LaVergne

Frnklin

Wilson Central

Lincoln Co.

Blackman

Riverdale

Lebanon

Seigle

Smyrna

I think that is right..Seigle and Lebanan may be switched, but i know t he rest is prety much rigt.

Guest JESUSISLIFE2

oh yeah i knew if you move then you can go to the zoned school. well i am a freshman and i played for smyrna last year. i moved and now im zoned for riverdale. so i was thinking about transfering too. so.. yeah they do win more than smyrna so who knows. :)

Guest region4fan

I am not sure but heard that Wilson scheduled Mt Juliet and 2 4 A schools in their non region games.I think it was Ravenwood or Rossview. Sorry, JET.

I am hearing too about Mr. Tackett possibly getting the principal job at Oakland. Since Mr. Nolan is the acting superintendent, I am sure that his people at OHS will get 1st dibs.

Olineathlete...how many kids that are upperclassmen will this affect at OHS?? Will they stay or go? How about that freshman QB? Is he zoned Siegel or Oakland? What do you think that Coach E will do??It is sad to see these kids torn apart by all this.

Well, if they do i the way they did for blackman, then the upcomming Sr's and Jr's will get a choice to stay or go. But i have heard alot of Jr's say they are going to go to Siegle. I can't understand why though. I think next year oakland will be the team to beat in the region.All they need to do i to find 3 good o-linemen and a like 2 Devensive linemen. As far as the QB u speak of, Daryal Smith, i have heard that he is going to Seigle. But, i havent talked to him about it or anything like that. I am sure when we get back to school, coach Euverard will say something to the football players about who is goin and who is staying. As for Coach Euverard, i dont expect he'll be going anywhere. I talk to him all the time and he has said the only reason he would leave is if there was a problem between him and the new Principal.

Guest region4fan

Olineathlete, why in the world would they leave and go to Siegel? They have no field and probably will play at MTSU> That would be their only advantage over the other teams. They have no clue how hard it will be to play a varsity schedule right off the bat. Depending on who gets the coach....will they even have a spring practice or weight room work-outs?Is there a problem with Coach E? I have only heard great things from past players.I was sure hoping that the Fresh QB would be staying. I see only good things ahead for him. Also, are any of the other coaches leaving? Like Coach Ferg, Coach Burke, or Coach Moose?

How about you?Any news on your college choices? I am still rooting for Sewanee!

I totally agree with you about the Jr.'s wanting to leave. I dont know why they would want to. The thing with Daryal Smith though, is he is only going to be a sophmore, so he has no choice. As far as Coach Euverard, i think he i coach. I love him. I know alot of the guys wanna go to Siegle b/c of it being new. You know what i mean.New and better stuff than OHS has.also, alot of their friends who dont play football who may go to SHS. There may be a few who leave b/c they dont like coach U,but other than that i woudl say they want to go to a new school where alot of their friends are going. As far as the coaches, i havent heard of any of them wantin to leave. all of them love it a oakland.

I still havent decided wheri want to go play next year. I really want to go to sewanee, but i really cant afford to go. They would give me Financial Aid, but not eno ugh. But I am taking a visit to rhodes later this month, and bethel wants me to come up for a visit. There are also some schools in Kentucky and Indiana that have expressed interest So i have options, the only thing is the money. so if i cant get enough money, i will probably end up at UT or MTSU.