New Rankings?

TNwrestler

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sly - everyone is entitled to their choice but remember, every choice has a consequence. Bradley is certainly entitled to choose not to wrestle the top D2 programs but the consequence of that choice is that you can't claim to be the best if you don't beat the rest. If it's important to you to be able to claim the #1 ranking for your team or any of your individuals, then it must happen on the mat. If you really think that Cordell is better than Leen, West is better than Dunning, Creagan is better than Blair, Catlett is better than Connell, or Bradley is better than everyone else, then put those teams on your schedule. Who knows, maybe your opinions are correct. What in the world could it hurt to find out?

walkenvol-

Great post, I totally agree with everything you said.

Bradely fans-

There is no doubt that Bradely should be ranked #1 in division I. Sly and Silverbullet, both of you are right in saying that they have beaten everyone they needed to in order to win the DI state. Yet, the controversy is not which team is the best in the DI state; instead, it's which team is the best in the entire state of Tennessee? And until Bradely wrestles the DII champ, there is going to be controversy so deal with it. If Bradely wants it to end, then just wrestle DII schools and there will be no question. I, personally, am mainly a DII fan but I would love it if Bradely defeated the DII champ so atleast we all would know which team is the best in the entire state.

I don't want there to be a controversy just as much as you, but we have to face the facts. The best team in DI does not wrestle the best team in DII. Period.

I agree that the best way to settle this dispute would be on the mat and I would enjoy seeing some of the match-up with the DII wrestlers. However, so there is no misunderstanding when you read any of my post regarding Bradley in the future(unless I say otherwise)I will be talking about DI. I consider the DII division the same as I do teams from other states and that is it doesn't factor in as a Bradley goal. Bradley's goal is to win the DI state championships. I don't think you or anyone can argue that Logsdon has done a great job getting his team ready to compete for and win state championships. You may not agree with his methods but his record speaks for itself. Remember his job isn't to please DII fans its to win state championships(DI).

Walkenvol, Maybe you missed the reply's to your statement or maybe you've ignored them but you made a statement in a post regarding 152 and stated that Catlett wasn't the best until he beat Connell. We'll since Jeffers beat Connell can we assume you think that Jeffers is the best 152? If so, when Catlett wrestles Jeffers in a week or two will you consider the winner of that match the best? It really doesn't matter happens because after Jeffers beat Connell all I read was excuses from McCallie fans and that's the same thing that would happen if Catlett and Connell wrestled and Catlett should win. So it is just opinions and my opinion is that Catlett is the best 152 in DI and if should beat Jeffers then I'll use your line of thinking and conclude that Catlett is the best in DII as well. Just my opinion!

since all we can do is pretend, here is a suggested lineup for Bradley v McCallie [i'm quoting a friend]:

103 Blake Tinsley - Michael White

White beats Tinsley because White beat Coleman and

Coleman has beaten Tinsley every time. Very close

match. McCallie 3-0

112 Nick Ballard - Madison Roberts

Not sure but would have to go with Roberts. MC 6-0

119 Shawn Cordell - Cody Cleveland

I think Cody might beat him now but Cordell has

won every time with him. MC 6 BR 3

125 Mark Fuller - Jack Silberman

Silberman wins by major MC 10-3

130 Jake West - Andrew Smith

Great Match West wins by decision MC 10-6

135 Billy Herbold - Spencer Manley

Manley wins by pin MC 16-6

140 Michael Creagan - Justin Blair

Cregan wins MC 16-9

145 Matt Spain - Ryan Scott

Scott wins by pin MC 22-9

152 Dustin Catlett - Lee Connell

Great Match but have to go with Catlett MC 22-12

160 Quinn Gibson - Steven Leavitt

Gibson wins by pin 22-18

171 Bryant Blackmon - Garrett Vatt

Blackmon wins by pin BR 24-22

189 Josh Cooper - Flynt Rudolph

Rudolph wins by pin MC 28-24

215 Matt Bailey - Green / Hutchinson

Bailey wins by pin BR 30-28

275 Shaun Grady - Hutchinson / Martin

Bradley wins by pin BR 36-28

There would be some key matches that could swing the

match by 15 or could make McCallie win. Its tough

that we cant watch this. After watching Father Ryan,

they might beat McCallie in the duals and traditional.

[what do you think?]

This was a good post. Just to add a twist and my thoughts.

103 & 112 As you have them. MC6 BC0

119 I think Cleveland wins.(For the record, they have never wrestled before.) MC9 BC0

125 Siberman pins Fuller (No brainer) MC 13 BC0

130 Close one here. Saw Smith wrestle Dunning, I say Smith wins by 2. MC16 BC0

135 I agree MC23 BC0

140 Ditto MC23 BC3

145 Strategy here McCallie wrestles Connell here and pins Spain MC 29 BC3

152 Scott Majors Catlett (can't dispute this) MC33 BC3

160 I agree with you MC33 BC9

171 ditto MC 33 BC15

189 ditto MC 39 BC15

215 ditto MC 39 BC21

275 ditto MC 39 BC27

Final MC 39 BC27

Dear McCallie fans: Instead of going off into La La Land about Bradley, maybe you should concentrate on Father Ryan. It seeems they beat you at your own tournament and are currently ranked ahead of you in the polls. I know you all are obsessed with Bradley, but you can bet that Coach Connell isn't worried about Bradley. He is thinking about how he's going to beat Ryan.

Hey Bleacherbutt---

Hunter that has to be you...Your dad knows too much about wrestling to come up with those results. Cody is good but he's not that good. Your in Tullahoma and I'm sure you haven't seen Bradley wrestle...so how can you be such an authority on the outcome. I can take Mr. Jeffers offering his input. He knows what he is talking about.....mostly.

Baker is the starter at 135.

If you are talking about moving around you may see BC bump down at 112 up. That would put West on Silberman, Creagan on Manley, Catlett on Scott and Gibson on Connell. It could be serious embarrassment for Big Blue. You are silly if you think Scott would do anything but try to lock a fronthead and stall for 6 minutes against Catlett. Scott is good but he'd be signaling for oxygen by the end of the 2nd.

Mobee is right. Better not worry too much about something that's not going to happen. You guys better worry about beating Ryan. They obvious haven't been reading the McCallie press clippings.

Sly-

Thanks for the post. If all Bradely is concentrating on is a DI state championship, then they are doing a great job. I understand what they're doing but as a wrestling fan, it is natural for us to want to see the best team in DI go up against the best team in DII. Who knows, maybe one day it could happen.