University High cancels tonight's game with Unaka?

starman

To set the record straight, Coach Gordon did not make the decision to reschedule! As proper procedure and responsibility calls for, the decision was made by the Director of University School and the Athletic Director. Coach Gordon was consulted and responded that either way was acceptable to him. The decision was made with only the safety and security of students in mind. Our students come first, not an athletic contest. And for those that choose to use this forum to "belittle" Coach Gordon, have you met the man? He is a decent and righteous person and he is all about family and his players. I had to think long and hard about replying but the degradation was reaching a level that warranted such. Leave the game to the student/athletes and coaches. Remember, it is just a game!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one questioned Gordons' integrity or whether he was a "good Man" he may be a good man as you say, but he used the weather as an excuse and that was pretty weak. I personally know someone who works on campus at ETSU and I also work in Johnson City and I don't think that the two flakes of snow that fell Friday in JC warrants a cancellation.

If the director of schools made that decision (which I doubt that he did) then that's cool. But whoever said that UH was waiting, hopeing that Unaka would get beat was right on target. I agree safety first for the children, but I don't think anyone has ever had a car accident because it was COLD. Sorry, WEAK EXUCSE!!!!! :D

[Edited by luvsbball on 1-5-03 11:56A]

If the weather was bad enough for the Carter County school superintendent to close schools then you cannot fault someone else for assuming that the weather was bad enough to be concerned. Keep your kids in school and then you will not have to worry about this happpening.

Guest sfscatsfan

Guys it's just a game, who cares if it is now or later.

This game will be played cause the conference depends on it.

If UH is as good as some say they will still be Undefeated when ever they play.

If Unaka was going to stop the Streak this past Friday, then why not some other day.

Move on to something else, CoachT is almost out of INK. :)

Unaka will win the re-scheduled game with UH plainly because of pure hustle and the "get-up-and-go" of them stopping the play of game simply because they were to afriad to test what Unaka had and possibly end their winning record. Unaka wins plain and simple.

nylon, you have posted the same message on 4 or 5 threads. Enough is enough. I thought there was a limit on the number of times one could post the same message. Give it a rest. You Unaka people must think if you keep talking about how good your team is that will make it so. If they are so great, let them do their talking on the court. So far thy haven't, but you all keep talking ad infinitum.