Celina/Pickett Co

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 - I'm really glad everyone from Celina is so confident.

2 - Pickett has accepted the loss, but apparently Celina can't stand winning by a small margin to them, or they would stop the posts about the 3.5.

3 - If anyone should be complaining, it should be the loser of the game, not Celina.

4 - Any PC fans on here complaining? Didn't think so.

~~~~~~~~~

1) Without a shadow of a doubt, Celina is confident in every way in every person, from the players to the fans.

2) The only reason 3.5 was mentioned in this thread (by me first, I believe) is because I know that those 3 1/2 seconds simply must be a huge motivating and fueling factor for Pickett County. Those mere moments have created a rivalry instantly. Pickett County Bobcats have certainly wanted a shot at us; no reason not to, and I don't blame them in the least. I know when we played them last Tuesday (couldn't make it, death in the family :o) it was an anticipated match-up; not really an even match-up, but since the anger of 3.5 still lingered, it was certainly anticipated. Pickett County had a chance to make up for those few seconds with a whole game, and failed. I do believe that 3.5 isn't really forgotten, but is behind most of the fans there now. What gets me now is the "next time Celina will get more than a run for their money, when it really counts!" comment. I know it's just one person, but I'm feeling sure that there's more followers to that idea, and it's simply confusing logic.

Oh, and don't get me wrong, we like to win and everything...but the bigger the margin, the better :o

3) Pickett County unleashed every last complaint they had last year, and now they tried to start the year off with some smack talk. After being promptly hushed, now the only people seemingly left are...well, I guess you, explaining how it should be dropped. I agree with you, but at the same time I take offense when me or someone/something I represent is called a cheater, or lucky, or whatever. Those have been the only complaints from Celina, the ones of Pickett being hateful towards us (which has seemingly died out).

4) You better believe when 3.5 happened, this board was half-filled with predictions on who would win it all, and the other half was a dozen or two people from Pickett County starting new thread every ten minutes, talking about how Celina would choke every game of the way to State.

Now? I think it's fairly over. Still the occasional diss or something along those lines, and that's about it. Glad it's been minimalized, but it needs to be gone.

~~~~~~~~~

On a side note, I like how you present your arguements. Made me think alot more than I care to usually, LOL.