Who won the Unaka at Hampton game last night?

etsportseditor

Guest honeypie

hoopand hollar perhaps you should pick anothter team to support. The Hampton boys are disciplined and show alot more respect for each other and the team they are playing than nearly all the teams they have played this season. They show respect for their coach and cheer each other on from the bench. Yes we have lost Kevin Harrison but there are other good kids on that team too, and I for one do not like to see them railed on all the time. They play hard and with more heart than most teams. Find another gym.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Quicksilver

I go to HHS and this is just my opinion. The best players that the dogs have are the sophmores. They beat the varsity every day in practice. And now that Harrison is hurt I belive the best 2 players that they have are Shane Campbell and Jacob Culler. I don't know why the heck they don't get to play more. Culler scored like 20 against Unicoi Co. in the Christmas Tournament and he hasn't entered the ball game since then. If you have ever seen the other post players play against these 2 in practice you know what I mean.

[Edited by Quicksilver on 1-8-03 4:38P]

I have sat quietly for a long time while some of you get on here and bash the Bulldogs and Coach Hazelwood but no longer. Deputy Dog and Coachtdog made great points, points that people should take heed to. Quicksilver don't even go there. Their talent is obvious but they have to learn to keep their composure on the floor and stop getting these needless technicals that are killing the team. Culler has played since then and has done nothing. Campbell didn't want to let his brother outdo him I guess. If you remember last year at Morristown East. When or if they ever learn to control their emotions and stop trying to look "cool" all the time then maybe they could see some extended minutes. Now I will go back into hibernation, but read with interest.

You are right the players do score points and points do win games. But, players make turnovers, miss shots, fail to execute plays and this does lose games. Does Coach Ensor do any of these things, too???

The Bottom Line is without good coaching and good players wins would not be possible.

Justwatchin' it's more about coaching at this level.

[Edited by osubrutus on 1-9-03 12:04P]

Guest KillsAndThrills

Listen everybody, coaching is one of the biggest if not the biggest, keys in winning a basketball game. I mean there has to be somebody to shuffle players in and out and teach them the well-known plays they run. So give Coach Ensor some credit on the game, he coached them and they played hard which resulted in a big win. Way to go Unaka.