Best freshman catchers in Mid-State

72owl

• 2 months later...
Guest ballman114

I watched the Sycamore/Waverly match and Waverly's jv catcher looked very strong behind the plate. Im not sure of his name, his number was 21. He didnt let one ball by him all night and was right on the money throwing out runners.He will be a strong varsity player for the Tigers. I saw him bat this summer in county league and he went 4 for 4 the game I was in.

Guest littlemissy721

Kyle Vari ,likely, one of the best catchers in the state. now a freshman at Riverdale high. He's tough, he's got an arm, he's a wall behind the plate. What pitcher would not want a receiver like him. But he is in close competition with his backup Drew Richardson. Drew would be starting at probally every high school in the state if it wasn't for his tough competition. But Drew has found his spot for now at third for the warriors. Because of arm problems, Richardson has seen little work on the hill. But look for him in the future on the next level and even the next. :D

[Edited by littlemissy721 on 4-11-03 8:30A]