Hillwood Tourney

twittycanes

I think David Lipscomb, East Lit, Hume Fogg, Hillwood, M.L.King, Nashville Christian, Pearl Cohn, TSB, Whites Creek, Springfield, Harpeth, Dickson County, White House, Beech, Cheatham County, Union County and South Doyle are participating. There are probably a couple of other schools That will be there but I cant remember those off the top of my head.

152 looks to be a really strong bracket with Floyd from South Doyle, and Bennett from Dickson County.

160 has a couple of Ranked guys as well in Byrd from M.L.King and Beasley from Harpeth.

This should be a really good tournament.Last year it was loaded with good teams, including a couple from Alabama.

[Edited by kjfan on 1-9-03 3:28P]

You know Snobhater you are right, no previous state champs will be at the Hillwood tournament, but there will be good wrestlers there.

I assume your comment about the chess team refers to the Magnet school guys, if so remember one thing; the person you call GEEK today you call BOSS tomorrow.

Results from the Tennessean

Championship Finals

103-Cole Geren South Doyle d. Carlos Tucker Stratford 8-7

112-Billy Plunk Harpeth p. Mike Green Cheatham Co.

119-Justin Talley South Doyle p. Eddie Miller M.L.King

125-Chris Herod (?) p. Andy Bucak Bartlett

130-Dusty Breeden South Doyle d.Jerry Clements Bartlett 17-6

135-Brandon Hodge N.C.S. d. Jacob Fox Harpeth 11-0

140-Caleb Chism Bartlett d. Clayton Maxfield Beech 10-5

145-Lawerence Stoddard Union County p. Rob Stephenson Hillwood

*152-Josh Bennett Dickson Co. d. Kenny Jenkins M.L.King 5-3 O.T.

**160- Zach Choate Dickson Co. d. Blake Byrd M.L.King 9-5

171- Adam Valentine Lipscomb d. Cal Sullivan Harpeth 20-7

189- Bill Satterfield Home Fogg d.Brad Sexton South Doyle6-5

215-Stanley Dickson Co d.Ben Hazlett Union Co 2-1 O.T.

275-David Abbaasnezhad Lipscomb p. Travis Scales Pearl Cohn

* at 152 Josh Bennett Defeated Donnie Floyd in the semi finals 10-5 in overtime. Floyds only other loss was to defending state champion Dustin Catlett of Bradley Central, in the finals at the Bradley Invitational. Bennett also handed Kenny Jenkins of M.L.King his first loss of the season in another overtime match 5-3 in the Finals.

** at 160 Zach Choate defeated Brandon Beasley of Harpeth in the Semifinals and then beat Blake Byrd of M.L.King in the finals. Both Beasley and Byrd are currently Ranked in the Tennbest Weekly.