Waverly vs. Cheatham Co.

The cubs are much improved over last year. They have upset Rossveiw and beat Montgomory Central by 14. Over the christmas break they lost by 2 pionts to Goodpasture. The game Friday will be better then most people think. One reason is becuase it is a home game for the cubs. That is a tuogh place to shoot and play. And second, It is a most win to gain an advantge in the district. Waverly is very good and has a great shooter, so it will be a tuogh win to get. If the players do what the coaches ask and not do their own thing then a win is possiable

Well first off I'll like to say that Johnny Jackson is doing a good job at Cheatham. He doesnt have much to work with although he has a group of seniors that are dedicated and willing to work hard. The game may be closer than what people expect but I still dont see them playing Waverly closer than 20 points. If Waverly has any post play I think it'll be tough for Cheatham to play but if Waverly depends on guard play alot then Cheatham may can pull the upset.

This district really belongs to Waverly and Sycamore and everyone else is battling for 3rd. I think that Cheatham is much improved and if Waverly comes in with the big head they'll get beat. Look for Cheathams Peyton Gibbs to have a good night. I would like to know what Bubba Nichols has tomm.

The cubs won tonight in overtime 64 to 60. Waverly jumped out to a 9-0 lead in the first quarter but the cubs cut is to 2 pionts at half. It was a huge win at this point of the year. It was the wosrt shooting night for the cubs this season but hustle was the reason they got a victory tonight. The cubs are one of the most dangerous teams in the midstate. If they come ready to play everynight the more victorys could pile up.

Cheatham completely outhustled Waverly tonight in pulling a major upset 64-60. Neither team shot the ball well, but the Cubs outrebounded the bigger Waverly team, forced them into numerous careless turnovers and beat them to every loose ball. I thought Cheatham might fold when one of their best players fouled out with almost 7:00 left in the game, as they gave Waverly several chances to win the game in the final 2 minutes, but the Tigers just couldn't capitalize on this night. Much credit to Cheatham County's effort as I didn't think they could stay close to Waverly. Cheatham definitely earned and deserved to win tonight. Although this is a disappointing loss to the Tigers I do believe they will bounce back as they have 2 big games next week at Harpeth and Sycamore.