Westview-Obion Central Rematch at the "barn"

ParisRiverRat

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can safely say that in all my years of watching basketball at "the pit" and elsewhere, that this game was one of, if not the best game that I have ever watched. Both temas left everything on the court. I doubt that the voters move OC up to #1, but they very well may be there when it is all over. I hope that I am able to see one of the OC vs. GC games this year. They should be fantastic games as well. Congrats on a great game Martin. WAY TO GO REBELS! WAY TO GO COACH HOFFMAN!

Obion Co. played their best tonite and it really showed, Westview had an off night. Even the best get beat every now and then. It's still all good. Who's left in March is what matters. No excuses, Westview just got out played in the Pit. By the way, I know you guys in OC got scared when you saw a that a certain player was dressed out. The return of MY HERO is imminent. Be afraid. ;)

Way to go Lady Rebels and Lady Chargers. When two great teams play each other, the fans get a treat. That happened last night. Both teams played well, OC just played a little better. The same thing happened in Martin, with Westview coming out on top. Can't wait till tournament time!!!

WesCharge- We kept the farm animals off the court just for you last night. lol

Good Post OCRebel; I will even give you a good mark (although we don't cheer for the same team!). Very hard-played, classy game by both teams.

Congrats Lady Rebels on your win. It's great for all of us to have such a strong district (OH MY --- WE'RE NOT IN MIDDLE TENNESSEE....AAGGHHH!!!).

I bet we get to do battle again in the future!

Thanks for keeping them pinned up, and the horn was silent too. :( Obion Central played very well, and deserved the win, they played very hard, and shot the ball extremely well. Westview came in thinking they were the #1 team in the state and got bit by a team that out hustled them; that rarely happens to a McMillan coached team, normally Westview is the more aggressive team, and that was not the case last nite. However, Westview will learn from this set back, and be ready to play Friday nite.

Just take one thing from this: just like the win against Gibson County last week, it is still January and not late February or March. Now that we have that zero of our back, there is no pressure, go out have fun and play hard, for there WILL BE another day when we play OC again, and it won't be in the "barn" :)

GET UP 'VIEW

They let you out of that straight jacket down at western state in Bolivar?????? Who do you follow......morale is still high, for at the 'VIEW, 1 win does not make a year, did OC win anything last nite, oh it was 1 ball game, not the state title, but they acted like it was a state title. We'll take that as a compliment as to how desperately OC needed that win.

By the way jack, it is 56 hours till game time.... :D

Desperate for the win? No, I don't think so. OC did need the win to break into the top 2 in the district. Did you expect the girls to not be excited after beating the #1 ranked team in the state? Come on now. They acted like they had just one a huge, thrilling game, which they did. When the Memphis Tigers knocked of Illinois this year I was at the Pyramid and watched the team get excited and enjoy their win. So if major D1 program can celebrate, I think a high school girl's basketball team can as well. Was this game the end all to the season? Of course not! Heck, we stil have to play GC twice, but last night's game was one of the biggest games for OC, and they got the 'W'. I think they deserve some celebration.

9096 minutes until game time!

OCRebel....they is what i meant by desperate for a win, they lose last nite, and are out of regular season race. Sorry if I confused you, they had to have that win or fall 2 back, and the tiebreaker. Now they are right in the middle of it.....

ZipperZ....who do you follow???? If you don't want to have fun and talk a little trash, then don't post to me. If you are just jealous, and need to be included in our fun, then say so. Until then, keep running that mouth about every school in 13AA, when someone goes down I know you will be there to give another kick at them. So, as I asked before, who do you follow, or are you scared of the dirt that I will toss your way. By the way homey.....

55 hours till game time.....and

GET UP 'VIEW