What is going on with Ryan?!

Bluewhirlygig

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cornpop,

While not a Ryan supporter, I think you have it wrong. Ryan runs from no one. They have one of the toughest schedules in Middle TN. Look at the tournaments they have on their schedule. McCallie, Mater Dei, and their own. Unlike what you suggest, they don't dismiss wrestling Clarksville as "just a DI school." They wrestle the best competition they can find. Also, are you suggesting that all of those fans in purple travel to MBA and Ryan to NOT see their team win? From what I have seen in years past, they and the wrestlers are happy when they beat (and disappointed when they lose to) DII schools.

Bluebelly, I don't think Coach Simpson needs your help with his schedule. Also, I don't think it was wise for you to comment on his intelligence either because his record speaks for itself. I'm sure when he made his schedule it was made with this in mind...to get his team ready for the state tournament. I still think in the end Ryan and McCallie will be fighting it out for the championship.(although MBA is sure looking like they might have some say about it).

Excuse me west tenn. When did gatling make the dramatic change to trash talking then? Go back and read his posts. He seems to be one dumping on people.

If he was that good a wrestler, then that explains his posts: he was practicing on the mat when he should have been working with grammar text and dictionary.

And cornpop - watch yourself. That night Clarksville was the better team. Ok, Clarksville bumped up too but don't start sounding like gatling. I've read your posts before and you have more class than that.

I doubt Coach Simpson needs anybody's help when it comes to wrestling. His record speaks for itself.

you talk a mean game. why didn't clarksville show up at the ryan inv. this year? i understand they committed to come and then backed out. was it the fact that it was a one of the top tournaments scare clarksville away? crosby came looking for pennington at 275 and couldn't find him. mike sherman of the green bay packers said you are not judged by wins but by championships. when clarksville can win a few more state championships let me know.

HBK,

Clarksville couldn't have placed in the top 5 at the Ryan Invitational. They couldn't have made it into the finals of the Rossview Duals, regardless of who they wrestled in the semis. They won't be in the finals of the State Duals. Maybe they'll have a return to glory when they start wrestling a more competitive schedule (ie Ryan Tourn.)

Just Wrestle,

I am KKW. I assume no other name. If you will check back at all of the posts by MillsHalf I believe that you will know that it is not me. I believe MillsHalf to be a Ryan fan or wrestler. Also, I believe that Clarksville would have placed in the top 4 of the Ryan Invitational.

Johnny Masters

[Edited by KKW on 1-16-03 7:38A]

Hey kid, Why do you guys have to sling mud. Everybody knows that Ryan has great atheletes, and a good team.They might not have had their best that night agaisnt Clarksville. I was there, they got physically out wrestled. As far as Clarksville not going to the Ryan Inv. I do not know. But thay would have placed. If Clarksville is lucky enough to get past a solid Kenwwod team, do not count them out in the State Duals. As far as comments about when as many championships as Ryan then talk, individual tournaments etc. There were some Clarksville wrestlers (unranked in D1) that destroyed some highly ranked wrestlers from Ryan.