FRHS vs. CLARKSVILLE.....who knows the score?

frhsrules

Father Ryan wins by 2 (69-67 maybe???).The Irish were under-maned playing without Jeff Degrauw who required 5 stitches above his eye on Monday, Joe Thompson, taken to the hospital for X rays after a hard fall in the opening moments of the third quarter, and Will Myers who retired to focus on baseball last Friday. Thompson's condition is still unknown, but the possibility of a broken wrist/arm is high. (editiors note-JT did hit the shot, and picked up the foul too.)

The Irish were up 6 at the half and withstood a tenacious full court press that brought Clarksville back to tie the game with under two minutes to go. After two missed freethrows by Ryan, the Wilcats missed a tough shot in the lane at the buzzer to tie. OVerall, a great game. The Irish, acustomed to playing 10 players, only had 3 players dressed out on the bench. Nevertheless, the game gave younger Ryan players the experience of playing in a tight game in a hostile gym.

Great Game, I was glad that I got a chance to see Father Ryan play this year. I hope Joe Thompson didnt break his hand but as soon as he fell that was my immediate thought that it was a broken wrist possibly. Both teams played extremely hard. Clarksville made a great come back led by JR Guard Devon Bracey. Clarksville had a hard time stopping #34 (Bill Everetts maybe).

The final score was 66-68. Father Ryan and Clarksville has always had a big rivirly dating back to the days of Shawn Marion and Trenton Hassell. They were beating Clarksville then but the games were always good.

Joe Thompson's X-rays were negative. He appears to be just bruised, but is questionable for friday. It was a great game, and as it appears to be Ryan's fate, they usually win the close ones. Ryan is going to need more scoring from their guards by driving to the basket. So far Bills is the only person who penetrates much. Thompson is starting to do that and sometimes you risk the type of collision that knocked him down, but that is what Ryan needs more of. If Lynch will drive more, he can also take advantage of his ability to see the court and pass off more as well as getting to the free throw line more often. This game showed how much Jeff Degrauw means to Ryan, but it gave Bryan Griffith some valuable playing time and he looked good in the process.