Grand Championships

cbg

Who is in charge of rescheduling the Grand Championships? I cannot believe that they could not find a better day to reschedule it than Feb 1, the Saturday of the State Duals. That would be forcing some of the kids to choose between participating in the State Duals (as IF they would choose NOT to), or participating in the Grand Championships. Many of the teams have Freshmen in their starting lineup. I just think it is unfair. Surely to goodness there could be a better time to have it! :confused:

My understanding is that Monday January, 20,2003 was considered because the wrestlers would be out of school but for one reason or another that date would not work. What date would you suggest? There is not another good date to have the Grand Championships.

Hey - is there a time/date when the Grand Championships have to be wrestled by? If not, then hold it after all the regular season wrestling is over. Yeah, I know that there is probably some kind of rule where it all has to be done and over by a certain date, but for bragging rights, or for the glory of it, rather than just have so many kids drop out of it because they want to go and see and experience State Duals, why not just have it later? I don't know, just a thought. Surely someone can come up with some idea that might work. What about it?

wrestlingfan, you pick the date, but you have to consider the freshman season ends last week so your date has to be soon because the teams won't stay together long. You can pick this weekend, but more middle tn teams are involved in the region duals than state duals, also the GC is not just a freshman tournament, it is also a middle school team tournament, and most are involved this weekend. You can pick a day during the week...no you can't. You could pick the weekend after the state duals, oh yeah, that is the individual region, well how about the next week, crap, that's the state tournament, and after the season is FIVE weeks later than the freshmen were scheduled to wrestle.

I agree that Feb 1 is not optimal, and as you can see, it wasn't chosen lightly. There are only five mid tn teams involved in the state duals, and I promise you there is no choice. There is no one around that would think twice about helping your team in the state duals than participating in a freshman tournament.

It was Feb 1 or cancel. Hope you still come if you're not wrestling or watching the Duals.

Well hello Zebra - I'll throw my two-cents worth in this argument since you mention my name. I think that some people were just trying to find a date where they could have their cake and eat it too. Obviously, that is not possible. I just don't see any reason to be a smart aleck with your reply to someone who is trying to find a solution. Sure, there is always next year, but wait, they won't be freshmen then, will they? (Sorry, was THAT a smart aleck reply?)