Loretto Girls!

killerball

Great game the other nite girls! Yall played your hearts out, and well....surpsied a lot of people, including me! Great game to giles also, who played with the same intesity as our girls did.

As for the remark about our girls and LCHS's girls...I agree with the post above mine. In about 2 years, I see Loretto with more talent and a better all-around team than LCHS. The freshmen class at loretto are very string this year with Jana Cross, Leah Stone, Jessica Green, and Nikki Reed. But, L'burg also has great players in Brittany Rochelle and Sarah Shumate. I look to see some awesome games my senior year in girls bball.

Anyways, back to the game....is #45 really a sophmore?(the really tall girl from giles)She really has a lot of talent. Anywho...great game to both teams and keep up the good work. ;)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Goonies

As for your remark about LHS having better talent in the future then LCHS, well thats what LHS usually always says and it never ever happens. I mean, there are some great players that will be coming up from E.O. Coffman next year and once again LCHS just reloads in talent. No offense, LHS may be good but not good enough to hang with LCHS.

Good luck against against Fairview Friday night. Watch your fouling as Fairview is a good free throw shooting team. Try to stop their three point shooters #34 Boaz, #30 Bledsoe, & #5 Kennedy. Bledsoe likes to drive as well. I hope you get a good officiating crew, but go with the flow and play your game.

I'm happy to live in Lawrence County where the basketball programs are looking good for the future. There aren't that many teams out there that is going to have the same caliber of players each and every year. Every team sooner or later has a rebuilding year. It's a part of basketball life.

Loretto will have a good team the next three years. Jana Cross has stepped up big as a freshman as we knew she could. Nikki Reed, Dava Dickson, Jessica Green, Leah Stone, and Katie Green are a good group of freshman that are very talented and will only help this team over the next three years. Meredith Green, Paige Hannah, Laura Birdyshaw and Rachel Stone are upperclassmen who will be leaders for Loretto. This group of girls will be fun to watch as they only continue to excel with maturity and time.

Lawrenceburg will have three returning Seniors in Woods, Spann, and Pope. All three great players and I'd have them in my corner any time. The returning juniors with Rhodes, Moore, and Johnson have shown they can produce when needed and will continue to improve the more they see the floor. Rochelle, Ashworth, and Shumate are all valuable freshman this year who will only continue to improve and help this team.

The feeder programs for Lawrenceburg have some talented girls coming up and things look good for the Lady Cats the next few years.

Let's not forget Summertown. Never count these girls out of anything. They have two good sophmores, and three good freshman who are only going to improve. If you've ever played a game at the Summertown gym, you know you're in for a heck of a game each and every time.

Like I said, girls basketball looks good for Lawrence County. We have the players, the coaches, and the fans to make it fun for everyone.

Guest ladyeagle12005

2002 Class 2 Seniors Meek and Matney; 1 Junior Corbin; 4 sophmores Meek, Lovett, Tucker and Adcock; 2 freshman Long and Scott. Just to let you know since your keeping up with it also add a whole lot of heart. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info. I've watched the Meek girls, Lovett, Long, Scott, and Tucker over the years. Good players and yes they do have a lot of heart. I've seen Corbin play in a few games and she's an excellent player. I didn't know what grade she was in. Did you guys have a freshman to quit? Best of Luck to the Lady Eagles. Looking for you to do great things!

[Edited by tiredbbmom on 1-23-03 3:40P]