Otis Abbott

xbody91

Almost any wrestling fan, wrestler or parent in the Knoxville area knows Otis Abbott. He is one of the state's greatest officials and is approaching his, get this, 40th year of officiating. He has voluntarily backed off of the number of matches he works due to knee problems but I would still love to have him on the mat with my kid. Otis is a true fan of the sport having dedicated too much of his own time to this sport he loves. While many of the "fly by night" fans may dissaprove of his calls or say that he's too old to get in to position.......feel free to walk up to him and grab him by the arm and see how stout the "old man" still is. Many do not know but Mr. Abbott has worked the NCAA finals, several SEC championships and more TSSAA state championships than you can imagine.

I do not post this message to have an "Abbott love fest" but it is posted to honor a dedicated official who I have had the pleasure of knowing. He has taught me more that you can imagine about the sport as a fan and a coach. We are lucky to have him here in the Knoxville area. Thanks Clint for all that you have done for the sport here in Knoxville and the state of TN.

[Edited by xbody91 on 1-22-03 7:53P]

[Edited by xbody91 on 1-23-03 6:34A]