district 9aa preview

jacketpride24

Marshall Co.- should be the same team as last year as they always seem to be able to reload. inexperience could hurt them early but shouldn't be a problem come tourney time. got best player in the district "lykens".

Page- Lost a number of seniors but have Smithson and Marrs back. also i have heard they have a new transfer pitcher. might have lost the firepower in their lineup. questions still remain.

Giles Co.- To me they are the tema to beat going into the season. lost their ace in Holt but have three more capable pitchers. everyone in their lineup can hit. they were up and down last year. should be more experienced after third place finish last year.

Fairview- jackets have worked hard this offseason to get better. we have top three pitchers back. defense shouldn't be a problem but we need work on the offense. wilshire and lejuene are a greta contrast in pitching styles, should throw teams. will have to have a couple young guys step up if we want to go anywhere. not promising anything but we could surprise soem people.

Lewis co.- New Head coach, new outcome? i have heard rumors about them losing their two aces from last year. if that is so it will be hard for coach callicot to have a winning first season down in pantherland.

Loretto- have alot of people returning , i believ they will be more competitive than last year as long as they keep there heads on straight.

those are my thoughs anyone else care to share?

• 2 weeks later...

Marshall Co.- Well they are always able to reload but I don't see them winning the district this year. Lykens is a heck of a pitcher but come tourney time they will have to more than one player to win it.

Lewis Co.- They could be the suprise team this year. They always seem to come up with a big win here and there to throw the district standings all out of shape. Maybe this year will be their year with the new coach but alot of times it takes more than one year for a new coach and a team to start winning.

Page- From what I hear is that they lost a lot of their players from last year and will have a rebuilding year. But they could come out have another great year like last season. I just don't see them repeating this year.

Fairveiw- Fairveiw didn't lose much at all last year to graduation. They still have their two top players from the team last year. They could very well contend for the district.

Giles Co. - They didn't lose much at all either. They did how ever lose their ace Derek Holt to graduation. Everyone is saying they will be the heavy favorite to win it all in this district but you don't need to count your chickens before they hatch. I mean, to many people are saying that they will win it and the season hasn't even started yet. Don't get me wrong, they will be the team to beat going into the season and they could possibly win it all but I just don't see it happening.

Loretto - Maybe I am just bais towards the Mustangs but they do have the biggest senior class in the district. They return their main pitchers from last year in Lamm, Beckman, and Johnson. They will have depth comming off the bench in all positions. This could mean alot of trouble for the rest of the district.

This is the order of the finish of the district in my eyes.

Loretto

Giles

Marshall

Page

Fairveiw

Lewis

Alright maybe my predictions were a little bais but look I get tired of people thinking that we will be a pushover year and year out. I am truely serious when I say that if teams come in to games with us this year and over look us then they will probably going to get beat. Look Ryan, I seriously think that Giles Co. will win district but I wouldnt be a true player of Loretto if I didn't say that we was going to win district now would I? I am just setting our goals high so that way we will have to work that much harder to reach them. I really think that we will have the closest district in 2A this year. So Ryan and jacketpride I am truely sorry for my bais opinions but I was just being a true player!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited by baseballer22 on 2-6-03 10:45P]

hey man i was dissing you for making your own opinion. i know what you are saying and i totally agree everyone should think they will win the district this year. i know fairview thinks we have a great shot. can't wait to start distirct play we open up against giles at there place. hopefully we can pull it out down there because we always seem to choke. so good luck guys, official spring start date is this monday.

i dont believe that mc will win it this year. fairview fot a taste of the action this year and one of our goals is to beat mc. everyone is shooting for them, golfdude i dont know what giles team you have seen but theses boys can flat out hit if you give them the right pitches. i think mc is a litle worried that the rest of the district has caught up to them.

This is how its going to be.Marshall will have a great season like always. Nuff Said. Lewis and Loretto should be alot better considering lewis got a great coach and loretto didnt lose any pitching. Giles can contend with their great hitting and pitching as well, but when it comes down to it Fairview is taking it home.NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...