DI State Duals draw

slingshot

I guess I never thought about it but how are schools seeded for the duals? I always assumed seeding is based on how a team has done so far this year.

How could you seed for this year based on last year's record? What about schools that were qualifying for the first time? If Iddy Biddy High was ranked #1 in the state, undefeated, etc,this year, then that school would not be ranked above any of the teams who had qualified the year before?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

delaWarr, I know at least two coaches who's team will be at the duals that didn't know when the "draw" was held or where for that matter. Do you know for a fact that the coaches for all the teams attending the duals were invited to the draw? Also, do you know if any coaches were in attendance for the draw and if so who? Thanks for the info.

[Edited by sly on 1-30-03 10:19A]

cw160, I for one don't hate the TSSAA. I think they do a great job. However, it doesn't mean that everyone has to agree with everything they do. Mr. Carter is one of the nicest and fairest individuals I've met and his staff has always been professional. Don't mistake hating with disagreeing or a discussion. The discussion was about the draw. Is it a blind draw or are teams placed in the brackets? If so what is the criteria and who makes the decision? Were teams invited to this draw or not? If so, what teams attended the draw? Those are legitiment questions. cw160, I'd say that you don't know the answer to these questions so thanks for your input anyway.

Sly, I didn't mean to imply that the TSSAA issues a personal invitation to each coach whose team qualifies for the state to attend the drawing. My understanding is that the drawing is "open" for any coach to observe. It would be up to the coach to initiate his interest by calling the TSSAA to find out the when and the where.

Earlier today a staff member offered the opinion that drawings are open for observation. I will post as soon as I get a definitive answer.