DI State Duals draw

slingshot

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say some nice things about the TSSAA staff, but go back and look at the first two posts on this thread.

Personally I don't care where it's held. Questions and discussion cause people to think. Opinions are what most of this is about. But why question the motives of people who are working to be as fair as possible?

BayouBear, I didn't address your question very well and I'm not confident that I can do much better with a second try...fuzzy memory. One of the positives on the board is that others who pick up on inaccuracies are good about offering corrections. When the TSSAA was petitioned to divide the Duals into Large and Small and were receptive to the idea, they split by enrollment, 50 - 50. A school in the bottom half could move up by request. The first year of this arrangement was 1990. The last year was 1997.

I had some help with the following:

Year Large Small

1988 Ryan

1989 SoddyDaisy

1990 McCallie Chat.Central

1991 McCallie East Ridge

1992 McCallie Cleveland

1993 McCallie Cleveland

1994 Bradley Cleveland

1995 Bradley BrentwoodAcademy

1996 Ryan BrentwoodAcademy

1997 Overton BrentwoodAcademy

Division I Division II

1998 Bradley Ryan

1999 Bradley Ryan

2000 Clarksville Ryan

2001 Bradley Baylor

2002 SoddyDaisy Baylor

You twobackpoints sound like a person that does not know what he is talking about. I have read your comments in other places. Sounds like you are jealous of some of the teams, especially Clarksville. Our fans yell to support our wrestlers. Not to talk about other teams fans and make statements in poor taste like you do. Like someone else said, you just got a mouth full of sour grapes. Keep on crying, sounds like you know how. ;);)

champ66, as an authority on what is or is not poor taste, what would you make of Clarksville's fans during last years' duals final? I was an observer without a dog in the hunt, yet couldn't help but notice their enthusiasm in cheering against Bradley. Or are you guys just huge Soddy Daisy fans? I thought it might be the latter until I noticed so many purple shirts leading the "Good-bye song" as salt was poured into the wound of losing a State title. Was this in support of Clarksville wrestlers, or just one last slap at the Bears?