best team softball nashville area

ump76

A should be Forrest-there aren't that many single A schools besides the privates that are tough in the mid-state area. Watertown made it to the state last year but could be a dark horse this year. RBS could be strong but not strong enough to beat the privates.

AA You would have to start Hume-Fogg because they are the only public school from Nashville that made it to the state last year. They have both their returning pitchers back and only lost 2 players from last years state team. I understand that they have a player that had moved away her sophmore year and has returned and this should help their line up. Of course you have Giles County who is always tough and should be back again this year. Dark horses Greenbier several returning starters are back this year, Sycamore-which is right outside of Nashville in Pleasant View loss several key players and will be on a rebuilding year but have good coaching, Smith Co. with their pitcher coming back with a strong group of underclassmen should be tough by tournament time, Dekalb Co. has almost there whole team back again this year and their coach is only coaching softball and that will make a difference.

AAA You have to start with Beech who always does a great job. Hunters Lane only has one good pitcher that makes it tough, Coffee County will be good but they are outside the Nashville area, Dickson County. My dark horse picks are Rossview, Shelbyville-with an outstanding pitcher, if Lebanon can play their A game they can surprise some people, Lincoln County.

:D:D:D

since this thread was asking for non-private schools, it

sounds like you are looking to 2004 to when the

privates and publics will be in seperate classes

(lol)

as far as the nashville area itself, i would include

the schools mentioned although giles county and forrest

are not really in the nashville area although they are

mid-state teams which include all the teams from

kentucky to alabama.

if you just include nashville and the surrounding counties,

i would be hard pressed to come up with 1a and 2a teams

that are non-private and who would be state contenders,

there may be some, but i can't think of any now besides

hume fogg in 2a. you would have to go past davidson,

williamson, wilson, sumner, robertson counties to find the

contenders in 1a and 2a that are public schools. y'all let

me know if i overlooked any schools. :x

You are definitely right about Hume Fogg in AA. Their coach has done an outstanding job and probably does not receive enough credit. They have become legit contenders every year. In A, Watertown and Friendship have both done a good job in recent years. Watertown could continue to surprise this year. It will be interesting to see if the public schools can win A and AA or if the privates will continue small class domination.