State Top Ten (AA)

Guest gilessf

Posted by tnwareagle:

Oliver Springs pretty much has a cakewalk into the state. They play the Loudons, Kingstons and teams like that to get into state.

Forgot to include both the 2002 state-quarterfinalist Austin-East (12-4) and the Alcoa Tornados (13-4) in your list of cupcakes...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention having to play the Happy Valley, Claiborne County, South Greenes of the world in sub-state.

Posted by iamoz:
Posted by tnwareagle:

Oliver Springs pretty much has a cakewalk into the state. They play the Loudons, Kingstons and teams like that to get into state.

Forgot to include both the 2002 state-quarterfinalist Austin-East (12-4) and the Alcoa Tornados (13-4) in your list of cupcakes...

Sorry guys.. I didn't mean that in a bad way about Oliver Springs. I was kinda being facetious in the statement. It seems that I keep reading posts from people in Oliver Springs who keep on and on and on singing their praises like they are the best team in the area, so I kinda figured that there is nobody around them that could touch them, and that if they are as good as what they say they are then it should be a cakewalk. That is how the posts that they write sounds. Sorry!

[Edited by tnwareagle on 1-29-03 2:42P]

They are probably the best team in District 3AA having just beat Alcoa at Alcoa and having 6'3 post Brooke Johnson that will create matchup problems with all teams. For whatever reason, Johnson's name is left off a as one of the better players in the state- She can play with anyone on the indisde. She is only a junior and scored 34 points on Oliver Springs last year in the region.

[Edited by OS91 on 1-29-03 3:43P]