top 100 sophomores in Tennessee

caylor

Just read the article about Tyler Smith on this board. Let me get this straight. Tyler is 6 foot and seven inches.

He averages 20 points and 7 or 8 rebounds per game and is listed as the #1 sophomore in the state. On the other hand, Chucky Lindholm is 6 foot and 5 inches. He averages 21 points and 10 rebounds per game and does not even appear in the top 100. If, as stated, the board will someday be up dated then it is time to get it done.If it does not cover the entire state, then remove it until it does. This makes it difficult for me to take this board serious.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rankings came out before the season started....... A new set of rankings was supposed to be out after the season is over, but I may put out the New set very soon..... Don't worry, Lindholm is on the list, but he is not comparable to Tyler right now (who is 6'6).......

Also, be careful not to get too caught up in stats... A player's stats don't necessarily determine his ability, potential, or even performance..... Jerrell Houston of Memphis East is averaging just over 9 ppg this year as a JR, but is a Big Time prospect who will sign a High Major scholarship, and a legit Top 3 Jr in the State.....

Also...................................

Great players in Tennessee are often left out, not intentionally, but it's hard to see or even hear about everybody..... There are a LOT of new names for the new set coming out, that weren't on the last Rankings. Often players slip under the radar for not only Rankings, but also the scope of College recruitment....

It is difficult trying to make the best set of Ranking around 400 Tennessee basketball players..... So if there is a player or two left out, I'll try to do better next time.....

gomab does an incredible job on his top 100 players list. i have seen a very many of those players and seen how they have performed and most are very well placed on the list. you should also consider the fact that the list was put out before the season began and things change during the course of a season. some players will slip and not perform up to expectations while there will be others who will perform much better than expected and they will make it up on the list. give gomab time to get the new list out, you may be suprised who is on there or who has fell off the list.

good job gomab, keep up the good work! ;)

Umm, it does have the top 100 sophs in the state, in his opinion, and it does cover the whole state. In a state as big as Tennessee, he'll always miss a couple of people, especially if they play six or seven hours away from him.

Did you forget that gomab's job isn't coacht and all his player evaluation, etc., is on his own free time and on his own dime?

if you think you can provide a better list than gomab then i am sure that everyone one coacht would love to see it. your kid i am sure will be difinitly be on the list after the season. like i said earlier the list was posted before the season therefore it is called a preseason top 100 list. how well did this kid play last year as a freshman?? that could have a little bit to do with why he didnt make the list this time around. some people just accidentally slip under the radar.

not a lame excuse, but thanks for becoming a plus member! ;)