top 100 sophomores in Tennessee

caylor

Let me try to clear up what Caylor and some others are trying to say. For a long time now, many good player from Northeast TN, not just east TN because there are some from Knoxville and WEST of Knoxville TN that are on the list. But there seems to be a cut-off at Knoxville at least until the Junior Rankings come out. I think GOMAB does a good job of getting his rankings out and to the best of his knowledge. I know the current rankings are from the pre-season. If you haven't seen Chucky Lindholm, let me give you his current averages: 20.6ppg, 10.0rpg, 2.2apg, 1.2stl/pg, 59.6% fgs, and 78.2% fts. Against Dobyns-Bennett he avg'd 19pts & 9rpg. Against Elizabethton had had 29 points & 10 rebounds. I give those only to show that Chucky doesn't just have monster games against bad teams, in fact he has his worst stat showing during those games because he doesn't play a lot in blow-out games. He has scored in double figures in all but one game where he only played 11 minutes and had 8 points. Chucky has played 25 games and has 13 double-doubles and has a current streak in the last five games where he is averaging 27ppg, 12rpg, & 4apg. He has one triple double (25p, 11r, and 10a). Last, Chucky accounts for 33% (515 points) of Volunteer's points.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto to Stokomo. I have watched Chuckey Lindholm play 4 games, twice as a Freshman against Dobyns Bennett and twice as a Soph against Dobyns Bennett. Chuckey is awesome. He can shoot outside and can dominate inside. He is a great rebounder and can bring the ball up the court as good as if not better than anyone else his size. I wish Chuckey would move to Kinsport over the summer. LOL, you don't want that do you Stokomo?

Add 1 more from Kingsport...... Lamon Williams for Dobyns Bennett. No stats to speak of yet, but he got his 1st Varsity action last night and with just a little more time to get used to it, he will be a great addition to the Indians as we ready for District/Region/Sub-State and State Tournaments.

Giddy Up!!

[Edited by ArtVandalay on 1-30-03 11:55A]

Check out Michael Mott from Anderson Co. He is absolutely on fire right now. He has fought hes'w ay into the starting line-up and has been the leading scorer a few games. One in particular, against Kingston, where he had 6 or 7 3 pointers. Such a pure shooter. Effortless stroke. Michael has a chance to be special, if he continues to work hard and improve as he has the past two seasons. I think he is shooting 48% from 3's for the season.

I understand that Gomab is doing his best to complete a very difficult task, but there are absolutely no players on his list from east Tennessee! I agree with the others that Chucky Lindholm should definitely be considered along with many other talented sophomores from this side of the state that haven't even been mentioned yet. I can guarantee you that there are not 100 players from middle and west Tennessee that are better than every player from east Tennessee. Think about it. The obvious bias for that side of the state doesn't reconcile the lack of respect for east Tennessee!

Have you seen Chucky Lindholm play? Do you know anyone who has seen Chucky Lindholm play? Volunteer played Sullivan North this past Tuesday. According to North's coach they employed a sagging defense to prevent Chucky from getting easy baskets. Yet Chucky scored 25 points and pulled down 14 boards. The reasoning that some players get overlooked does not apply here. The fact is that no one has chosen to look.

11 of my Top 50 Juniors are from East Tn... so how are you saying that I don't have any East Tn players???

Right now, 12 of the Top 60 Sophs are from East Tn..... So there is no doubt East Tn players are on the list....

Lindholm is the #28 soph in the State right now... I have not seen him, but have talked to some reliable sources who have seen him, and that's how I arrived at his ranking.....