Maryville

MaryvilleRebels

Maryville tonight whipped what appeared to be a pretty good West team 81-45. I personally wasn't there, anyone got an explanation, other than we're a Blount County All-Star team? I think Maryville this year has the snowball effect going for them, whereas last year they got off to a quick start and peaked way too early. This year they seem to be getting better with each game, the coming weeks should be a lotta fun!! Any thoughts?

Guest hard2guard101

I SAW MARYVILLE PLAY A COCKE COUNTY OTHER THAN HUMPHRIES , THEY ARE STILL A GOOD TEAM VERY TALL AND ATHLETIC. ONE QUESTION I'VE SEEN HUMPHRIES PLAY TWICE AND HE'S SHOT HORRIBLE, BUT LOOKED LIKE HE WAS A GREAT BALLHANDLER AND PASSER WHO COULD GET ANY SHOT HE WANTED. BUT FLORIDA? AN ELITE TEAM EVERY YEAR? WAS HE JUST HUNG OVER FROM BEING SICK?

I would say yes because that was the first game he played after losing 10 pounds in 5 hours in the hospital at the Arby's classic, he is shooting 48% from 3 point land this year and 55% overall from the floor. He is also averaging 23 ppg. and 3 assists, 3 steals, and 4 boards. You just caught him on a bad night when he was recovering.

yeah, he's been with the traveler's in the past, but i'm pretty sure he's headed straight down to florida this year just about as soon as the school year ends and summer starts. come watch him break 2000 points this monday night.